Atlanta Fall Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #31 of 82

Well why didn't you say so. 
wink.gif

Well all I heard was "Ordered"....should have checked with your pal first.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #34 of 82
Aug 29, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 82
Should we change the name to another summer meet? 85-90s F is hardly a fall weather. Just saying...

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #37 of 82
I guess my schiit isn't good enough

I'm sure it is.  I just think that it will be nice to have the Jotunheim here in time for the meet.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #39 of 82
I'll be there, was disappointed I had to miss the spring one due to schedule conflicts
Might as well bring some schiit this time
- Jotunheim (with DAC)
- PS500

Two Jotunheim, we are on our way to our own east coast schiit show

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #40 of 82
I'll be there, was disappointed I had to miss the spring one due to schedule conflicts

Might as well bring some schiit this time

- Jotunheim (with DAC)

- PS500

Two Jotunheim, we are on our way to our own east coast schiit show

Ha yeah plus my Modi multibit.

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #42 of 82
Is there a difference between modi multibit and regular modi? Like can you actually hear the differences?

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #43 of 82
  Is there a difference between modi multibit and regular modi? Like can you actually hear the differences?

It's about as large of a difference as differences in DACs can be.  So, if you don't hear a difference between these two, then you likely won't ever hear a difference in DACs.  It's not as big of a difference as the difference between, say, a HD650 and a HD800 though.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #44 of 82
  However it will also dual serve as an organizational meeting for next year's Canlanta. 
Details are as follow:

Sept 4th 2016
2PM - 6 PM
2250 North Druid Hills Rd
Atlanta, GA
Suite 130 (Princeton Review office)

What time is blocked out for the organizational meeting for next year's Canlanta?

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #45 of 82

I've had both. It's like this- one day you're eating a banana from the local grocery store, the same bananas you have had all your life so you know what a banana tastes like. Then some jackass kid comes up to you doing a high school experiment with two bananas and let's you try a regular dole banana and then says hey try this locally grown banana, completely pesticide free. You doubt that it makes a difference in flavor in your head but you try it anyway just in curiosity. It's a noticeably sweeter taste and that slightly grassy-odd after taste that you thought was part of the banana flavor isn't there anymore. You now know what a banana with no pesticides taste like, and now you only want a pesticide free banana.

This actually happened to me, and that's what it's like.

I'm trying here. There is a difference. The decay is different, the highs are no longer gritty or scratchy or piercing, or as much even with a headphone that's usually bright and harsh... everything is just a bit sweeter, smoother, and without the grit and aftertaste. The airy bits are more than just airy they are ethereal. Hard to explain. I may be overstating the difference, and for me poor or average recordings I don't hear much of a difference, but with really good recordings with great soundstage, yes, there are differences. 

does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back