Atlanta Fall Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
So I am putting together another Atlanta meet.  We had one of these in February and it was very fun, so hoping for basically a repeat.  Nothing too fancy.  However it will also dual serve as an organizational meeting for next year's Canlanta.  As last year we did this in February, you can see we are getting much further ahead of the ball, so that we can really grow this event that was already successful in year 1.

Details are as follow:

Sept 4th 2016
2PM - 6 PM
2250 North Druid Hills Rd
Atlanta, GA
Suite 130 (Princeton Review office)

I'll add more info to this post as it comes in, and I will try to give as complete of a gear list as possible to give people an idea of what will be there to give listen to.

So far confirmed:

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD800 (X3)
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMan HE400i
Fostex THX00 Ebony EMU cups
Mr. Speakers Ether Flow

Amps:
Beezar Torpedo III
Grace m9XX
HiFiMan EF2C
AudioEngine D1
AudioQuest DragonFly Red

DACs:
Cayin iDAC6
Grace m9XX
AudioEngine D1
AudioQuest DragonFly Red
Schitt Modi Multibit

Players:

Software: 
Sonarworks calibration software
Goodhertz Canopener

Feel free to PM me with any further questions.  As the date nears, I will PM everybody who RSVPs here with my personal contact info in case you have any trouble finding the location.  Here's to a successful meet and a successful launch for Canlanta 2017!

Further, if you are interested in joining the Cayin iDAC6 and iHA6 tour, please let me know and I will add you into my "application" if we are locally trading it off it has two benefits: 1) no or lessened shipping costs as we trade it off around Atlanta. 2) it makes it more likely that the time it is in Atlanta will overlap this meet and thus give more people a chance to hear this exciting new rig.  I actually just bought an iDAC6, which I'm pretty excited about, so we will have that regardless, but it would also be nice to have the full stack if people want to join.  So let me know.

the link for the tour thread is: http://www.head-fi.org/t/814644/us-tour-cayin-idac-6-dual-ak4490-dac-and-iha-6-full-balanced-headphone-amp-reviewers-wanted

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 82
Yes Yes Yes. I'll probably bring my new setup along with me this time, but not sure yet.. will post what I am bringing closer to the date.

Excited
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 82
Count me in! :)

EDIT for Equipment:

ECP Audio/Beezar Torpedo III (at least 2)
ECP Audio Walnut 5 DAC (maybe v.5.1, too)
Technics SL-7 (or SL-10, one or the other) Turntable
Pete Millett LR Phono Preamp
Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD600
Fostex THX00
PupDAC & DoodleBug

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 82
I should be able to make it. I'm excited to share the ETHER Flow. Amazing advancement in what planar mags are cable of. Sounds very much like electro stat. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 82
also, check out the first post for a chance to join the new reference Cayin amp DAC stack tour.  P excited for this, and the more Atlanta people we get on the tour the easier it is to pass it along and the greater chance our demo period overlaps with the meet.  I just bought the iDAC6 anyway.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 82
I would like to make it down there. Hopefully will be bringing some gear as well. Is wifi available?

if you have a comcast internet account, you can login through a comcast server.  Otherwise there is public wifi, but it's kind of slow at times.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 82
just ordered a Modi Multibit, which I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to hear since it's such a new product.  Very interesting product to me, and I wanted an upgrade on my smaller rig (currently AudioEngine D1).  Will be interesting to see how it stands up to the m9XX.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 82
I brought my HifiMan HE400S to Canlanta and I swear that I liked them every bit as much, in many cases better, than the other phones that were in the room - and some of these headphones cost 10x the price.  I let anyone who wanted to hear them try them out, and for my efforts the OEM cable was worn out - it was still worth doing.  People should hear that a fantastic sounding and efficient headphone need not cost a fortune.

If I can get out to your gathering in a month I'll bring the 400S and the Matrix headphone amp and a fully stocked laptop.  Maybe a turntable and a phono preamp just for laughs.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #15 of 82
Although this site has been my go-to for information on headphones, I just joined the forum a few moments ago after I saw this.

I have not been to a meet, and I've never had a chance to hear what a good setup sounds like with an amp or DAC.

I don't have anything to contribute to the meet, but I would love to check this out. I'm definitely a newbie as I have only owned the ATH-M50x, but I figure this would be a great way to broaden my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back