1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATH-W1000X Help for new amp

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by pororom, May 24, 2011.
  1. pororom
    I own a ATH-W1000X connected to an amp. Rega Ear and I want to make a better amp. for a warmer sound.

I have understood that the best options within my budget range would be a Woo Audio 6, an HP 8 MKII Audio Icon or Burson HA160.

Please tell me which you think best for the type of music I hear it's only classical music, and my Rega Ela speakers are few that offer a very musical sound which is what I like.

Thanks!!!

2. earerror
    Welcome to head-fi!

Im also a classical music listener, and i have a setup with the Burson HA-160/w1000x's. I made a detailed review on my sig...you can check it. 

All i can say, they are for each other.. a nice match! 

3. pororom
    More opinions?

Especially if anyone has tried or owns the Icon Audio HP 8 MKII compared to Musical Fidelity XCAN v8P in relation to its sweetness and musicality.

Thanks!!!

4. soundaddicted
    I'd go for the Burson if you need a versatile amp, with driving power. It brings out the best of the ATH series. 
    Haven't used the models mentioned, i cant comment. 

5. Ra97oR
    W1000X on Yamamto HA-02 is very very nice. I can wholeheartedly recommend it, if you wanted a setup with huge details, the Audio Technica HA5000 would still be the ultimate choice.

EDIT: Seems you wanted a warmer sound, so Yamamto HA-02, the HA5000 does not warm the sound much.