ATH Rubber Band Mod Questions/ Headphones for Small Heads
Dec 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

suhaybh

100+ Head-Fier
Over the past few weeks I have been on the lookout for the most comfortable set of headphones at a reasonable price. This proves to be a lot more difficult for me because I don't have access to a store where I can try on these headphones. Over a couple of weeks I decided on settling for an audio technica ath a700/ad700/500 series headphone. These run for about 115 dollars on ebay, which is the most I will pay for headphones. Recently read a post saying that audio technica headphones are comfortable for large heads; a category I don't fall into. My last set of headphones were Shure SRH440 and I wore them without extending the headband at all (pretty small head huh?) and they were extremely uncomfortable.

So I repeat the question as I have so many times before. What is the most comfortable set of headphones that are around the ear and sit well for small heads? Also keep in mind I'm not much of an audiophile so I won't use an amp or anything like that. I was looking into Sennheiser HD series or maybe the new Bose AE2. I really want to be able to wear these headphones for 24 hours a day.

I also read something about a rubber band mod for Audio Technicas to allow for the headphones to sit better on smaller heads. Has anyone tried this mod and will this mod work for my head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back