ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

willitblend

Aka: Thatonedude2
I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 4
What are you looking to use these for?  Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about?  What types of music do you like to listen to?  These two headphones are very, very different.  I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today.  I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.

Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s?    They are kind of a mix between the two of these really.  No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.)  They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?

Heya,

I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.

Suggestions:

AudioTechnica A900X
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Hifiman HE-400
Ultrasone HFI 2400

Very best,

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 4
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it...  It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though.  I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s.  These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike.  Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do.  They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus.  I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back