ATH M50
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 32
The M50s are definitely the best deal ever for around $99. Very few headphones come close to the sound quality for that price. If only the SRH-840s cost less, then they'd have more competition. To my ears, the 750DJ are nothing like the SRH-840. I'm not a fan of the 750 at all. It was probably my least favorite headphone i've ever tried. I know a lot of people love them, so I won't comment on why.

The only thing else I've found that can compete with the M50 is the Koss DJ Pro 100. Without an amp, probably not. I actually prefer the sound signature, fit and comfort of the Pro 100 over the M50. The extra detail on the Pro 100 is nice and it doesn't have quite the same amount of bass, which is good to me. For the past few weeks i've almost always preferred listening to the Koss over the M50s. The M50s do a few things wrong to me, which most people don't seem to have a problem with. The M50s are a better match for straight out of an ipod though. Oh yeah the DJ Pro 100 is also only $80!

It will make my day to see more people compare these Koss headphones to the M50s with a good amp. Hopefully someday i'll know for sure i'm not deaf for liking these Koss headphones so much!

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #23 of 32
DAMNIT PEOPLE!!! B&H PHOTO VIDEO HAS THEM FOR 120$ FREE SHIPPING USA  with NO sales tax outside of NY state, I bought my HD800's from B&H they are trustworthy!

May 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #29 of 32
got my sennheiser hd 280 pro's for $65 on ebay

love'em 

32 db of noise attenuation

replaceable parts 

light weight 

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #30 of 32
Hey! I am new to head fi but i love the site but anyways im just a listener who wants good audio quality my music Player is a samsung flight 2 just a phone i never had a good set of headphones before so i did some research i stumbled upon the m50s but i was wondering if that would even be worth it in my case? Also i will be doing my listning mostly in a bus,car or at home and i listen to hip hop/rap i would love to hear back thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back