ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
May 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #766 of 801

Did you have any issues putting the nut on this from the inside?

some versions of that connector don't have a nut, they have wings that hold it there after it's been inserted all the way. When I have use the one with a locking nut, I don't use the nut I epoxy instead.

May 20, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #767 of 801
some versions of that connector don't have a nut, they have wings that hold it there after it's been inserted all the way. When I have use the one with a locking nut, I don't use the nut I epoxy instead.

Thanks. Mine has a nut. I am able to get a couple spins so it looks like it will work. Now soldering those damn epoxy coated wires is a different story.

May 21, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #770 of 801
Spent the last two nights doing the mod. Made a couple of mistakes from trying to rush. Soldered it all up and forgot the nut on the inside. Used the MJ-073H jack from Newark which has the retaining nut on the underside of the jack.

Soldering the stock coated hair wires is a royal pain. I decided to use some 18 or 20g copper stranded wires and that was much easier. Problem is the wires are too thick and take up too much space in the cup with the white padding material installed.

Did everyone used thicker wires put the white padding that sits on the bottom of the cup back in place?

Anyway, here is the result. Came out very nice.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #774 of 801
That looks great!  Gotta love dem Amphenols.

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #778 of 801
You goofed the right channel connection in the cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back