ATH m50 disappointment, need some new headphones.
Jun 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #16 of 50

Quote:
I've been reading more and more of these kind of threads on the M50's lately.

I've also experienced the group-think syndrome here multiple times.

The HD-25II has never disappointed anybody. They're built pretty damn good and they'll be lightweight like a gaming headset should be. There isn't anything they're not good at just like the M50 and I've actually owned this pair. The M50 seems to just be rumored to be good at everything and I'm honestly not that sure that everybody that says that has one

GROUP THINK SYNDROME....you my freind are a greatguy, and agree with you ^_-

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #17 of 50

Quote:
I've been reading more and more of these kind of threads on the M50's lately.

I've also experienced the group-think syndrome here multiple times.

The HD-25II has never disappointed anybody. They're built pretty damn good and they'll be lightweight like a gaming headset should be. There isn't anything they're not good at just like the M50 and I've actually owned this pair. The M50 seems to just be rumored to be good at everything and I'm honestly not that sure that everybody that says that has one.

I think you are projecting.  He dislikes the M50 because it doesn't have enough bass, and you're saying that means there is more disappointment with the M50 than there is with the HD25?  That doesn't make sense.  The HD25 has less bass.  It's a different headphone at a very different price point.  And nobody who thinks the M50 is lacking in bass will prefer it. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 50

Quote:
I think you are projecting.  He dislikes the M50 because it doesn't have enough bass, and you're saying that means there is more disappointment with the M50 than there is with the HD25?  That doesn't make sense.  The HD25 has less bass.  It's a different headphone at a very different price point.  And nobody who thinks the M50 is lacking in bass will prefer it. 

he didnt say ammount or quality bass and the HD25 has way better quality bass. as for the ammount, its a matter of the M50 being boomy

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #19 of 50

Quote:
The HD-25II has never disappointed anybody. They're built pretty damn good and they'll be lightweight like a gaming headset should be. There isn't anything they're not good at just like the M50 and I've actually owned this pair. The M50 seems to just be rumored to be good at everything and I'm honestly not that sure that everybody that says that has one.

Well, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. A while ago I had the chance to try out the HD-25II, and I was seriously underwhelmed. I was very disappointed by them as up until that moment they were no. 1 on the list of headphones I want to try...

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #21 of 50
No amps, I am building a custom laptop with THX sound cards and a bunch of other need audiophile things that are going into it. I will have to double check the spec again, I dont know whether i want to even listen to anything on  an iPod anymore, I mean its ok I guess.

Also with the HD-25II discussion, I would just say stop discussing them. they are 200$, way out of reach for me and I dont like how small they are, they are a little to portable. I enjoyed how big the ATHs where, just not liking the sound they gave off and how hard they pressed my ears. I am will to spend at the most what I got my ATHs for $80-150 USD

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #22 of 50

Quote:

I was agreeing that once something is good to the majority, majority comes in and says to get it because its good when in fact, it not. I guess you can say i was miss led by the M50 fan boys or something. I cant compare the M50 to the HD25 because i have never used the HD25, so I would have to say I agree on your quote there. Unless you werent refering to me

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 50
I haven't heard the M50's before. The HD25II's floated my boat just perfectly, maybe we'd be looking for something with more inflated bass then, which I have virtually zero experience in.

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 50
Ok, let see if I can change the perspective, M50 bass is quote unquote "balanced" I did not see a difference in bass in them from some of my other cans. I am NOT a bass head, although i do prefer the bass to be "balanced". In no way where the cans broken it was just minimal stuff...0.o

Once again I am just looking for something I can plug into my new laptop, and just jam out. Really don't like the Sony muffin cans, and I think the bass hides how truly aw full the headset is

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #27 of 50
Heh, I looked over the review on it, a lot of people say the looks are pretty crappy (I liked how it look :p) and Sony is notorious for making good sound? Can you give me more info on them James?

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #28 of 50
i bought the m50's, yesterday actually and i generally like them. i agree that they don't have excellent bass but on the other hand i think they have a very clear sound. i thought they sounded best when i played classical orchestra music. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #29 of 50
Nah sony does a lot of crap, but some good things indeed.

build quality is superb, they fold and are smaller than the M50, only bad thing is the cord, too long for me. the sound is very "fun" and they are very comfortable, there are several mods as for change the pads for velour if you get sweaty, but I think the originals are fine. Joker made a great description of its sound in his shootout

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #30 of 50

Quote:
i bought the m50's, yesterday actually and i generally like them. i agree that they don't have excellent bass but on the other hand i think they have a very clear sound. i thought they sounded best when i played classical orchestra music. 

Clear as can be. Very good sounding, I enjoyed listening to Chopin on them and some electronica haha

Quote:
Nah sony does a lot of crap, but some good things indeed.

build quality is superb, they fold and are smaller than the M50, only bad thing is the cord, too long for me. the sound is very "fun" and they are very comfortable, there are several mods as for change the pads for velour if you get sweaty, but I think the originals are fine. Joker made a great description of its sound in his shootout

Anyway you could direct me to that forum? been trying to find it no luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back