ATH-M50 cord replacement?
May 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #16 of 19
I was finding the dangling jack annoying after a while, so I removed the rubber tubing with tweezers, then filed down the hold with a curved file, put some black electrical tape around the jack to ensure the plug fitted tightly, and pushed it up as far as it would go.

If you do try this make sure you don't make the hole too big, but I am definitely prefer this to the plug just hanging out, to do this you will also have to remove one of the plastic pieces with pliers.

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 19

My M50 mod and DIY Neutrik terminated cables:

I used the Lumberg 3.5mm female chassis for the left ear cup hole, which I made bigger by using a file.

Works really well, the Lumberg chassis has a good lock onto the 3.5mm plug and doesn't come out unless a considerable amount of force is used.
I filled in the gaps with clear silicone, after about 12 hours it set, and holds the chassis strongly in place with some flex when inserting/removing cables.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 19
I recently got a pair of ATH-M50s (straight) and so far, at least 3 people have tripped over my cord. then i hooked it up to my ipod and and coiled the cord up a little and while i did that, my ATH-M50s's kinda played the same 1-2 notes again after they should have played. i have only noticed this in part of my cord and was wondering if i should/could replace the whole cord or only that part/cut it and remove the partially broken section and resolder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back