ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
May 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #451 of 888
I saw ASUS only offers 8.1.11.5 beta (!) drivers for the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 (Win 10 64-bit). Earlier today, someone pointed me to the UNi Xonar Drivers. They look like a viable option.

I'd just like to know, before I buy this card, whether someone actually uses this card, in Windows 10, 64-bit, and is willing to tell me whether the card can be made to work (sans plopping sounds, crackling, etc).

Thanks.

May 11, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #452 of 888
  I saw ASUS only offers 8.1.11.5 beta (!) drivers for the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 (Win 10 64-bit). Earlier today, someone pointed me to the UNi Xonar Drivers. They look like a viable option.

I'd just like to know, before I buy this card, whether someone actually uses this card, in Windows 10, 64-bit, and is willing to tell me whether the card can be made to work (sans plopping sounds, crackling, etc).

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft® Windows® 10.0.n has a regression in the audio stack that could potentially divert the entire Asus® XONAR® lineup to LinUX, unless support for the AV-100 becomes available in Apple® Mac OS® X™ (see also "Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise?").  The problem of the 6 kHz howl turned on and off by OS audio events - WASAPI is at least a contributing factor, if not the primary cause - has plagued the AV-100 since Win 6.0.6000; the standard C-Media® CMI-8788 is also affected to a lesser degree.  I'll have to investigate whether the C-Media® CMI-8888DHT, a PCI-Express-native DSP, is adversely affected by changes in the Windows audio stack; the ROG® XONAR® Phoebus™, an audio card developed specifically for gamers, may be the safest available option for an Asus rig as of 10 May 2016.

May 11, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #453 of 888
I have been running a STX in win 10 64 for quite some time using  UNi Xonar Drivers using AISO and have had zero problems with no back ground noise and have just got a STX II which sounds even better. 

May 11, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #454 of 888
  I have been running a STX in win 10 64 for quite some time using  UNi Xonar Drivers using AISO and have had zero problems with no back ground noise and have just got a STX II which sounds even better. 

I have also been using my modded STX 2 with Win 10 64 Bit since 7 month without a problem.
I am also using the Uni Xonar Drivers.

You may have to disable "Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10".

Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement In Windows 10 Permanently
Step 1.  Open the Windows command promt as “Run as Administrator”.
Step 2.  Run “bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” (without the “”).
Step 3.  To finalize the process run “bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON” (without the “”).
Step 4.  Reboot and you’re done.
To disable it do step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:
Step 2. “bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” (without the “”)
Step 3. “bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF” (without the “”)
Then do step 4 and you’re done.

May 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #459 of 888
meimei, I use the stock driver on Windows 10 64 without any issues at all

May 16, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #460 of 888

Thanks.

I have ran the STXII since it first came out with both the the stock and Unidrivers with no issues at all. Am currently running 2-LME49720 in the I/V sockets and a Sparkos SS3602 in the buffer. Sounds great.

May 16, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #461 of 888
Hello! I have this cards in a windows 10 64 bit system with excellent results. Using it with a pair of Beyerdynamics DT1770 pros, Burson V5 opamps & burson mkp & silmic cap mod. I realize this isnt a super hi end setup but it far surpassed my expectations. I cant give you one of those long winded vocabulary rich description but I can say... it sounds really good! BTW I did each mod separately & they each made a noticeable improvement. I'm not sure what driver version I'm using & asus stx2 driver page seems to be down right now! I dont believe they were beta drivers. They did have gain adjustment that wasnt in the boxed driver version. I hope this helps!

May 18, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #463 of 888
  Hello! I have this cards in a windows 10 64 bit system with excellent results. Using it with a pair of Beyerdynamics DT1770 pros, Burson V5 opamps & burson mkp & silmic cap mod. I realize this isnt a super hi end setup but it far surpassed my expectations. I cant give you one of those long winded vocabulary rich description but I can say... it sounds really good! BTW I did each mod separately & they each made a noticeable improvement. I'm not sure what driver version I'm using & asus stx2 driver page seems to be down right now! I dont believe they were beta drivers. They did have gain adjustment that wasnt in the boxed driver version. I hope this helps!

I am using the exact same setup for my HD 800 and HE 560 and both are just lovely with it.
Strangely enough the HD 800 has a humongous soundstage and great bass (better than the HE 560 imho) on that little card.
Having heard the HD 800 on 1-2k Euro SD-setups I am suprised to tell you that I like the HD 800 on this little card best.

May 19, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #464 of 888
Where did you guys get the Burson MKP deals at? I don't see a direct link for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back