ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
Oct 16, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #393 of 888
i just bought this card and with DH enable i have echo effect with all DH settings ( dh1, dh2 and dh3 ) and setting 5.1 mode from windows audio property. 
angry_face.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #394 of 888
Someone can explain me better how can i set the sound card and games to have no echo ?

I set for example Battlefield 4 in surround mode from internal menù, in Windows i set the Asus in 5.1 mode with Dolby Headphone enable, i tryed all DH modes but all give me amount of echo.

What can i do ?

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #395 of 888
Sadly there isn't any thing you can do about the echo, Other then using the mode which has the least amount of it such as Dolby Headphone Mode 1.Other wise you may have to accept the echo or switch besides to something like a SB-Z or ZXR, Then use SBX surround headphone which has no echo.

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #396 of 888
It might come down to headphones. Try to use open back headphones with dolby headphone. In my experience, the akg and audio technicas specifically are usually better. Also, maybe restarting the computer after changing room settings may help.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #399 of 888
Did you config it correctly in windows by setting windows to 5.1 and then the Creative panel to headphone. Then config the SBX surround % between 40-67% to your liking.  Because I been using SBX my self with it config like that as i run Sb-Z into my dac/amp setup thru optical and it works great for me. When I playing FPS games I use SBX surround 67% and when i playing 3rd person I use 40% and all the other settings are turned off with SBX surround option only being used.

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #400 of 888
A want to build a HTPC with a dedicated GPU, but most cases cant fit the XONAR STX II and a GPU.

Do you think this solution could work out?
http://www.bplustech.com/Adapter/PE4F.html

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #401 of 888
  Did you config it correctly in windows by setting windows to 5.1 and then the Creative panel to headphone. Then config the SBX surround % between 40-67% to your liking.  Because I been using SBX my self with it config like that as i run Sb-Z into my dac/amp setup thru optical and it works great for me. When I playing FPS games I use SBX surround 67% and when i playing 3rd person I use 40% and all the other settings are turned off with SBX surround option only being used.

sbx run well

i saying about DH

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #404 of 888
No matter how many expensive DACs I've bought none of them were better more like just different "flavors," but better no.

STX is legendary!

This is just as good as anything out there. It proves you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to get great sound. In fact if you are, you are buying snake oil.  I know it from experience :).

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #405 of 888
  No matter how many expensive DACs I've bought none of them were better more like just different "flavors," but better no.

STX is legendary!

This is just as good as anything out there. It proves you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to get great sound. In fact if you are, you are buying snake oil.  I know it from experience :).

Good for musics.
Not over.

The virtual surround feature is crap, totally useless.
EAX effects is not supported by almost nothing.
The effects you can add are obsolete and old like the first onboard realtek.
the only feature you can use well is the EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back