Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #1,741 of 2,727
The sound of the SR15 certainly blows everything else I've used out the water.
So the one issue I have left is battery life - I'm kinda spoiled there, since I'm coming from a Plenue D, which has a FOREVER lasting battery (and since I splurged on that bonkers XSMax iPhone, there too. Damn thing lasts two days which is forever in smartphone batteries.)

Which leads me to the question: what power bank is good for using it with the SR15? Anyone here have experience with that? What specs do I need to pay attention to?

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #1,743 of 2,727
The sound of the SR15 certainly blows everything else I've used out the water.
So the one issue I have left is battery life - I'm kinda spoiled there, since I'm coming from a Plenue D, which has a FOREVER lasting battery (and since I splurged on that bonkers XSMax iPhone, there too. Damn thing lasts two days which is forever in smartphone batteries.)

Which leads me to the question: what power bank is good for using it with the SR15? Anyone here have experience with that? What specs do I need to pay attention to?

I use an Anker 20000 mAh battery bank, but have used (Many) others, charging power is charging power. The bigger the mAh the longer/more charges you can get out of it.

YMMV

I'll second the Anker Power Banks. I always travel with one to charge my phone, DAP or other device.

Jul 28, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #1,748 of 2,727
thumbnail_Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 11.29.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-07-28 at 13.07.33.png

Hey guys,

Just an update from me and my WAV situation.

As a reminder - I posted on here a few weeks back with my issue of not being able to transfer WAVs onto the SR15 and successfully show correct metadata or artwork for the tracks.

The customer support team at A&K were kind enough to look into this for me. I sent them over some example WAVs via Dropbox. (These WAVs have been edited to show Metadata via Kid3 for Mac - I know they work a they have uploaded to VOX correctly, showing album title, artist info & artwork - No issues.) When these tracks are transferred to SR15 I get no info aside from the file name...

On receipt of my files the team noted that the tracks were showing NO Metadata (as per picture attached) so it would appear the tracks are showing correct metadata on my Mac & for VOX however when transferred to SR15 or upload to DB etc the metadata is not transferring.

I have even downloaded another application (Meta) to check metadata info (as per screenshot attached) which again shows correct metadata.

So I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone else have this issue with tagging WAV files? Am I missing something?

Any further help or suggestions would be great!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,749 of 2,727
Help, I have big problems with windows 10 ... USB device not recognized.
Is it possible that every time I connect the SR15 I have to make at least 30 attempts before being able to see it in the computer resources?
Do you have a solution please?

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,750 of 2,727
Try another cable.

Jul 29, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #1,752 of 2,727
If anyone has any solutions or ideas relating to my issue posted yesterday that would be so helpful! :)

Can you share few files? I can check with KANN CUBE if it does same as SR15. Usually here guys use FLAC as a container of loseless data cause WAV wasnt supposed to carry any additional metadata inside. Did you considered to convert?

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,753 of 2,727
Can you share few files? I can check with KANN CUBE if it does same as SR15. Usually here guys use FLAC as a container of loseless data cause WAV wasnt supposed to carry any additional metadata inside. Did you considered to convert?

I can certainly provide files however on receipt on files I sent to A&K support they no longer showed the metadata. It appears to show data for me locally and works fine with VOX for some reason but not anything else!

How am I best sending you over a file or two?

Jul 29, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,754 of 2,727

Also - I have started replacing some files with FLAC but there is a lot of WAVs I have that won’t be available in FLAC anywhere. I would have to convert but have no experience doing this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back