Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,516 of 2,727
Sorry for the noob question. To burn in the SR15, can i just leave the player playing without connecting any earphones to its 2.5mm or 3.5mm outputs?

Or burn in only happens with the earphones connected?

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,518 of 2,727
Sorry for the noob question. To burn in the SR15, can i just leave the player playing without connecting any earphones to its 2.5mm or 3.5mm outputs?

Or burn in only happens with the earphones connected?

Yes burn in only happens with headphones connected, with no load the circuits in the dap aren't actually doing anything.

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #1,520 of 2,727
Hi everyone, just got myself a pair of Astell & Kern Billie Jean in blue due to an Amazon deal! Together with the Sr15 they realy sound great just out of the box without any burn in time ... wow. If you like I will keep you informed how they develope.
Till now I am allready impressed by it's sound in that combo... I read a review somewhere, where they were discribed to have a v-shaped sound Profile, which I can allready NOT confirm in any means and which ist great to my likings! Running them SE but I am thinking of getting a balanced silver Lavricable for them. Pretty even sound, Bass is there, not boomy, great mids, natural highs, nice soundstage ... to keep it short!

Got them as "used like New condition" for 272 Euro instead of 385 Euro ... they look like they were never worn, cable was still sealed!

So Till now very pleased with my purchase!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #1,521 of 2,727
Ordered this sucker a few days ago and I should be getting this Saturday. This will be replacing my Ponoplayer as it will support Tidal :D and Bluetooth.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #1,523 of 2,727
Good day, I've had my A&K SR15 for a couple of weeks now, paired with Shure SE535s and via the balanced output.

Was browsing some 80s music today and listened to the Dire Starits track Brothers in Arms. It gave me chills, So far the most intense listening experience on my new equipment. What tracks are leaving a big impression on other owners? Give me something else that I can revisit with my new gear.

Cheers folks.

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,524 of 2,727
Good day, I've had my A&K SR15 for a couple of weeks now, paired with Shure SE535s and via the balanced output.

Was browsing some 80s music today and listened to the Dire Starits track Brothers in Arms. It gave me chills, So far the most intense listening experience on my new equipment. What tracks are leaving a big impression on other owners? Give me something else that I can revisit with my new gear.

Cheers folks.

Some standouts besides Brothers in Arms are Steely Dan Aja HD, Fleetwood Mac Rumours HD, Heart Dreamboat AnnieDCC, Jeff Beck Wired remastered 2001, Joe Satriani Flying in a Blue Dream HD tracks, Peter Gabrial So remastered, Pink Floud DSOTM UK quad, Queen Greatest Hits remastered 2011 HD, Radio Head OK Computer HD, The Doobie brothers best of DCC, U2 The Joshua Tree, The Police Synchronicity, Beck Sea Change HD, Kansas The Ultimate Kansas, Porcopine Tree In Absentia, Spocks beard V, Pink Floyd The division Bell HD tracks, Yes 90125 DVD, America Geatest Hits, Brian Eno Another Green World, Zeppelin:)

Oh, and Heart The best of and Lacuna Coil Comalies sound very good also.

I tried to keep it mainstream, but Sphongle, Bluetech, The Orb, Zero One, OTT, FSOL all have very good recordings. I almost forgot Infected Mushroom Classical Mushroom is a very good listen. And..... lol how could I forget my favorite band Rush- 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, A Farewell to kings- most anything sounds good.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,525 of 2,727
And it's coming later on today... so excited! :) My first DAP in over 3-4 years.

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #1,528 of 2,727

Cheers folks.

Some of my favorite tracks, and all are available on Tidal:

John Williams - Duel of the Fates from Star Wars Phantom Menace Soundtrack
Eagles - Hotel California (Live) from Hell Freezes Over
Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore (2016 Remaster) from Hello, I Must Be Going (Deluxe Edition)
Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (Live) from Face Value (Deluxe Edition)
Escala - Palladio from Escala
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live) from Hysteria (Super Deluxe)
Brad Fiedel - The Terminator (Main Title) from The Terminator Soundtrack
Manu Katché - Unstatic from Unstatic
Hans Zimmer - Why So Serious? from The Dark Knight Soundtrack
Dave Grusin - Fascinating Rhythm (Album Version) from The Gershwin Connection

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,530 of 2,727
Just received this unit this afternoon and testing it happily atm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back