1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last
  1. noobandroid
    how come my ak connect only shows up to hifi and yours can mqa?

and also is it possible to unfold mqa as a usb dac? @JasonNYC

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Tsukuyomi
    but the SR15 needs a case, glass back and aluminium body means it will scratch/dent easily :frowning2: and its so pretty i dont wanna get it ruined.

3. noobandroid
    put it in a clamshell case when not in use

4. singleended5863
    I have SR15 in a Dignis case and it looks even better and the warm is acceptable.

5. abitdeef
    Yes in the official case you don't really feel the warmth that much either, but it doesn't get hot enough to be of any concern.

6. singleended5863
    Agreed. My SR15 is in the Dignis case and I also put it in the Dignis Bossa when going out...

abitdeef likes this.
  7. abitdeef
    Also as far as heat, you have a fairly small dap with a robust amp section and 2 dacs running so it's going to produce some warmth and that aluminum shell is going to shed that heat like a heatsink.

As I said before, only Sony with their class D amp tech is going to run really cool, or a small weaker amp. And of course when you're outside in a warmer environment it's going to run a bit warmer.

8. singleended5863
    I got a desktop amp with JFets which run really hot but it also sounds really really good and very musical. I was asking the amp builder he said that is how he was adjusting the opamps to sound that good even though it has enough amount of heat I can warm up my hands in winter. :slight_smile:

9. xxAMAROKxx
    Hello everyone. I'm experiencing problems with some of my APE files (Monkey Audio). They are played with interuptions and stucking. (Norma sr15, internal memory, FW 1.14.)
    When I convert them to WAV or FLAC, everything is ok.
    Has anybody solving the same problem? Thank you.

EDIT: After deeper investigating, I can say, I have problems with ALL of my *.APE files and I will contact A&K support.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  10. Vincentaria
    Hi Jason, May I know if you could share the test result of last fm scrobble support from dev team? Hope it can be achieved in next firmware upgrade, I mess up with my SE100 many times for this without success.

11. milescheng
    Hi my friend,

I am looking for my first audio player as well. I am considering from DX200, SR15, R6 and Cayin n5iis (maybe). I know the UI is important, but I care about the "sound" more. Do you have any suggestion between R6 and SR15? Thank you so much!

12. domho7
    Sorry side track abit.
    New model kann cube coming in Jun.
    Wonder how powerful it is

13. schleppsound
    Milescheng - I’m a big fan of music generally and the “sound” to quote you is important to me too - my first foray into ‘dap’ territory began with the dragonfly - now I have the SR 15. I’m not using the Beyerdynamics anymore and have since replaced them with some Campfire Cascades - and I am a fan of those for certain. It’s worth mentioning that I feel - personally - that the headphones you use are a larger part of the equation. Honestly the Cascades make anything sound better - at least they have for me. I cannot imagine what an even more advanced headphone can do. The SR 15 is good but I’ve not really listened to anything else as far as ‘dap’ on a regular basis - so I lack the comparative information you are looking for and I have found I read reviews more as guidance pre purchase - and justification/rationalization post. My expectations exceeded the reality on the SR 15 but that doesn’t mean it is isn’t great. Personally - and to Domho’s point above - a new Kann is coming out and I will no doubt sell my SR 15 soon to a lucky purchaser who will get a great discount on a pristine unit - and get the new Kann. I like A&K and their support and their presence on this forum is excellent. I like the company and will stick with them - the new Kann is my kind of style and maybe it will fill the gap I feel I’m missing now. I will say in my opinion if your budget dictates headphones or dap and you can pick only one - go with headphones first.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Luhar likes this.
  14. noobandroid
    i kinda doubt on the support though, have multiple unanswered questions still floating

15. JasonNYC
    No issues. I had the chance to test myself and had no issues. Support should be added with the next firmware update. I’m not sure when that would be, most likely sometime in May.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last