Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jan 7, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #811 of 2,727
MQA offline available on all androids smartphone! Will AK release an update for the embedded app so we can have offline MQA too ?

The firmware update this week to add MQA support will add Tidal Masters to the embedded Tidal app. No Tidal Masters on the sideloaded Tidal Android app, as LG has an exclusive for Tidal Masters on the Android app until early 2019. Once their exclusive deal is over, Tidal Masters and MQA offline content will be available for all Android-based devices, including AK players.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #815 of 2,727
I am returning my 535’s.

After 150 hours with them, I’ve concluded they are just not what I thought they would be. Side by side, my TFZ Galaxy T2’s were stomping them. The treble was really harsh and the bass was nonexistent. I wonder if they were fakes???!!!

I will up my budget!!
Any one have a favorite IEM to suggest with the SR15?

Are campfire andromeda’s really THAT good??! I am tempted...

The Audeze iSine20s are exceptional with the SR15. Worth having a look.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #816 of 2,727
Hi all I am trying to install Spotify apk into sr15. Tried a few times but failed.
Any kind soul can enlighten on the steps to do it Thanks.

Just drag the tidal apk file into the open service folder on the internal memory of the sr15. Then go to services on the device and you should see tidal 2 times. Tap the new tidal file and it will prompt you to install the apk.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #818 of 2,727
Just drag the tidal apk file into the open service folder on the internal memory of the sr15. Then go to services on the device and you should see tidal 2 times. Tap the new tidal file and it will prompt you to install the apk.

But he wants to do Spotify ?....though it's the same process, i just did mine recently...

Do the same with Spotify!

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #823 of 2,727
I wouldn’t suggest IE800 since their cables are stiff (old model) and always falling off your ear canals.
True about the tips man, only propriety tips work on them. I'm super lucky that they fit my ear canals perfect and they never drop out! The cable gets stiffer over time, I just bought a new cable from sennheiser direct (seems like its a revise cable) and its so much better. really pliant.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #824 of 2,727
The Audeze iSine20s are exceptional with the SR15. Worth having a look.

I had the 535's and it worked well, but then I upgraded to 846's, not before testing the Andromeda's and the Audeze. To me ears, the 846's were the nicest!

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #825 of 2,727
As it was asked before a short and (afaik) has not been answered:
Tidal with MQA offline truly is available:
Download the latest Tidal APK, Copy to the Folder „App Services“ on your SR15, find it in the Services Menu of your SR15 and hit install.
This will update your Tidal App (keeping all already downloaded music) and allow you to download Tidal Masters Tracks (look for the small M Symbol)
And... yes: It works like a charm and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back