1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last
  1. ThomasCGN
    Thanks a lot. :)

2. dakchi
    New software update with support of DS Audio. This is the last thing that was missing in my SR15. As a Synology user, I'm very happy
    Thank you A&K

3. vokey
    Hi Dakchi

Do u mean we can now stream from our Synology NAS? How do we enable the function?

Thanks.

4. SoundSquare
  5. SoundSquare
    ah too bad thatthe SR15 sucks at streaming.... whatever app i use (Qobuz, DSaudio, or even AKConnect) i get this background noise/hiss in the right ear when it's not playing, it's tolerable when music is playing but not during quiet passages. Shame.

6. stephanemtl
    I get no hiss when steaming Tidal or AKConnect. Send the unit back.

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  7. SoundSquare
    it's my third unit and they all had this issue, it's a very faint electronic/static background noise but once i notice it i get obsessed with it and i can't cope with it.

8. abitdeef
    No hiss at all when mine is steaming and I’m very sensitive to hiss.

9. SoundSquare
    it's not really hiss, i failed looking for the right word, it's more like you're listening to downsampled music, like you convert a 44Khz audio file to 22Khz...

10. mmu16
    If you sent 3 units back maybe its your headphones? been streaming music from the SR15 and nothing but clarity

abitdeef likes this.
  11. Trueaudio
    I get no noise/hiss through Tidal or Qobuz. Actually I measured the Signal to Noise ratio and it's pretty accurate to the specs they publish.

abitdeef likes this.
  12. abitdeef
    I’m getting M5s to try and compare to the SR15 I’ll post some quick ‘subjective’ impressions when I get it. I’m just curious, I love SR15 sound so far it’s my favorite.

Wish the battery life was a bit better, my only minor complaint.

13. abitdeef
    Yeah it sounds great through tidal to me.

14. singleended5863
    Same here. No problems whatsoever. Love it with the Phantoms. :smile_phones:

15. Leetransform25
    Do you guys any good IEM/over ear reccommendations that'll work well with the SR15? I've been thinking about the iSINE 10 and the HD6XX, not sure which is better for the AK though.

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last