Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Aug 9, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #2,626 of 2,627

rlw6534

1000+ Head-Fier
Is SR15 still in the list of Roon Ready Program?

@JasonNYC

Now that Roon Ready support is rolling out on more models, where does the SR15 fall on the priority list? It was one of the models originally promised to get support.

It's been very enjoyable listening to Roon on my SP1000M through my desktop rig, but I also still use my SR15 due to it's small size and portability. Please don't leave it out of the plan.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #2,627 of 2,627

audiogeekery

Head-Fier
Hi all.
Wanted to see if I was alone in this:

I continue to notice a tangible difference in sound quality between the Amazon Music HD app and Apple Music.

Comparison:

Amazon HD : more “air” fuller dynamics and holographic feel to the tunes. This is 16/44.1 sampling and not hi-res.

Apple: thinner, grainier and louder, almost a brick walled feel.

Was wondering if this is related to the lack of Apple to employ bit-perfect playback rumours that have been going around.

Is the SR15 subject to the same bypass effect of the other users on Android platforms?

If so, I hope this gets resolved as I love the Amazon HD selection but the app is bordering on unusable territory, sometimes. Due to its laggy nature.

Should note: I continue to love and be in awe of the SQ from this little player. The layering, emotion and PRAT, continue to make me smile.

keeping an eye on the next affordable series of AK players.

Users who are viewing this thread