Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
May 31, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #2,356 of 2,727
For the SR15, you will need the ARM 32-bit version. XAPKs contain an APK file and also additional assets that are needed for the app. The main thing is that they cannot be installed without the use of an additional program (app) beyond the built-in android package installer. The SR15 is an ARM7 32 bit device, 64 bit ARM8 packages will not work for either APK or XAPK packages.
For Tidal offfline is it Tidal apk or Xapk what I got to install pls?

Only half of the radio streams with nonstop music I stored on my NAS are accesible under AK-Connect. If I try with the foobar server funcionality I can listen to ALL stored streams ..... any clue why this differ from each other?

Also foobar shows the artist and the title of the songs as soon as the song starts. AK-Connect shows nothing. Any reason why the SR15 under AK-Connect is that poor performance??

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #2,357 of 2,727
For Tidal offfline is it Tidal apk or Xapk what I got to install pls?

Only half of the radio streams with nonstop music I stored on my NAS are accesible under AK-Connect. If I try with the foobar server funcionality I can listen to ALL stored streams ..... any clue why this differ from each other?

Also foobar shows the artist and the title of the songs as soon as the song starts. AK-Connect shows nothing. Any reason why the SR15 under AK-Connect is that poor performance??

For Tidal offline you need this:

https://apkpure.com/tidal-music-hifi-songs-playlists-videos/com.aspiro.tidal/variant/2.25.1-XAPK
Download the armeabi-v7a version.

To install this xapk, you will need this installed first. Then run it to install the xapk above:

https://apkpure.com/xapk-installer/com.apkpure.installer

May 31, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #2,358 of 2,727
May 31, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,359 of 2,727
Ok, I got it. Can I then delete the XAPK Installer if I dont want to install any apps any more?

Yes, you can delete and reinstall only if you need to update or install another xapk.

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #2,364 of 2,727
Hey there. I was wondering if someone could explain the line out voltage options for me? Is it just fixing the volume at certain levels or is choosing lineout over normal better?
Line Out is to feed into an amplifier, this signal has no amplification. Headphone out is already amplified. You may feed this also into an (2nd) amplifier as well, wont necessarily sound bad, might be you like it, but it is then simply double amplification (purists dont like to do so :wink: ).

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #2,365 of 2,727
Line Out is to feed into an amplifier, this signal has no amplification. Headphone out is already amplified. You may feed this also into an (2nd) amplifier as well, wont necessarily sound bad, might be you like it, but it is then simply double amplification (purists dont like to do so :wink: ).
olume

Maybe I am just strange but I couldnt hear much of a difference in sound (through Sennheiser HD650s) with 1V voltage on Lineout and 135 on the volume rocker. Same goes for 2/4V and 150 on the volume rocker. In fact I think I preferred the sound of lineout through the headphones. Is this madness?

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #2,366 of 2,727
Hi folks. So it's about 4 months since I last posted as I was having a specific issue with the otherwise excellent SR15, bought to replace a Fiio x5 3rd gen. The issue is simple. I have about 75000 tracks. When I load the first 50,000 or so, functionality is great. As I increase the number on there, the specific issue crops up which is that when I switch the player off (whether in mid track or having paused it first), when I switch it back on it goes to the following error screen instead of back ot the track that was playing.

1592393550248.png

I cannot tell you how irritating this is.

Now, I know you might say do you really need to have 70000+tracks on it at any given time. and the answer may well be not but what I want from this device is something I can carry all my music on so that depending on where I am at any given time I can choose to listen to it on shuffle or I can play specific albums.

Given that it works properly up to around 50,000 tracks it must presumably be some sort of processing error whereby the additional number of tracks can't be handled.

Any assistance gratefully received but right now it is destroying the pleasure I get from this machine.

If I could find some contact details for A&K themselves I would get in touch with them but the one thing they seemingly refuse to provide anywhere is contact details. Expensive gear, no support. Not a great combination.

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #2,367 of 2,727
Hi folks. So it's about 4 months since I last posted as I was having a specific issue with the otherwise excellent SR15, bought to replace a Fiio x5 3rd gen. The issue is simple. I have about 75000 tracks. When I load the first 50,000 or so, functionality is great. As I increase the number on there, the specific issue crops up which is that when I switch the player off (whether in mid track or having paused it first), when I switch it back on it goes to the following error screen instead of back ot the track that was playing.

1592393550248.png

Now, I know you might say do you really need to have 70000+tracks on it at any given time. and the answer may well be not but what I want from this device is something I can carry all my music on so that depending on where I am at any given time I can choose to listen to it on shuffle or I can play specific albums.

Given that it works properly up to around 50,000 tracks it must presumably be some sort of processing error whereby the additional number of tracks can't be handled.

Any assistance gratefully received but right now it is destroying the pleasure I get from this machine.

If I could find some contact details for A&K themselves I would get in touch with them but the one thing they seemingly refuse to provide anywhere is contact details. Expensive gear, no support. Not a great combination.
I have had to contact AK support in the past with a query. Did this on their web site through the Support - Q&A section (you have to be signed in to your account to be able to use the function). It took a while but they did come back to me in the end. Hope this helps & good luck.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #2,369 of 2,727

1592393550248.png

https://us.astellnkern.com/pages/contact-us

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #2,370 of 2,727

1592393550248.png

There could be a few issues that would cause this.

- I assume with that many tracks you are using a microSD card. Is the card formatted as FAT32? You may see this issue with a large number of files and the card formatted in a file format other than FAT32. You can reformat the card into the correct file system from the player itself. Please note, any files on the card will be erased.

- Files may not have indexed correctly, especially if you loaded a large number at the same time. You can try running a manual media scan to see if that fixes the issue - Settings -> System reset -> Initialize media scan. If you have playlists on the player, I recommend you make sure "Clear Playlists" is not selected. It can take up to 15 minutes to scan and reindex the files.

- You could have a corrupt file or a file format that is not supported by the player on the device.

- What firmware version are you on? There was a firmware update a few months back that improved scanning and file indexing, especially with larger microSD card.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back