Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #181 of 2,727
A few key questions before making a decision (such a gorgeous DAP):

1) Can you confirm that the SR15 cannot be used as a bluetooth receiver?

2) How is the strength and reliability of the wifi connection (when streaming Tidal)? The wifi connection of the my Fiio X7 was weak and unreliable.

3) When streaming Tidal, is there any audible noise caused by interference (with the wifi)? This was the case with my Fiio X7.

Yes. I got rid of the buggy X7.

Cheers!
watch the above video, i think the reviewer mentions wifi and tidal use.

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #182 of 2,727
Beyond most peoples budget for just a DAP. i dont think i'll ever pass into that crazy amount. for me a dap 1k or lower is enough for me. unless i really save up for it and unless there is like something absolutely crazy that the dap does that no other does xD

The only thing a DAP "has" to do is sound great. $2500 for a DAP may sound like a lot, but that will give you glorious, true audiophile music that will take you to your grave. WORTH IT!

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #183 of 2,727
A few key questions before making a decision (such a gorgeous DAP):

1) Can you confirm that the SR15 cannot be used as a bluetooth receiver?

2) How is the strength and reliability of the wifi connection (when streaming Tidal)? The wifi connection of the my Fiio X7 was weak and unreliable.

3) When streaming Tidal, is there any audible noise caused by interference (with the wifi)? This was the case with my Fiio X7.

Yes. I got rid of the buggy X7.

Cheers!

My SR15's wifi is terrible, even after a firmware update.

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #184 of 2,727
My SR15's wifi is terrible, even after a firmware update.

Truly!? Is this a general experience? I cannot justify putting that much money if the wifi is unreliable. I got rid of my Fiio X7 for that reason.

All the new DAPs out there seem to have unreliable wifi and issues with streaming (issues that are never solved with software updates, despite the many promises). I expected A&K to be different...

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #185 of 2,727
Truly!? Is this a general experience? I cannot justify putting that much money if the wifi is unreliable. I got rid of my Fiio X7 for that reason.

All the new DAPs out there seem to have unreliable wifi and issues with streaming (issues that are never solved with software updates, despite the many promises). I expected A&K to be different...

That's only few people with wifi problems not all of them.
The sr15 is by far the best Dap it this price range with the least amount of ui/wifi issues.
When you pay the extra $$ it is for the most reliable ui/wifi along with sound quality.
That's why I have ordered the sr15.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #186 of 2,727
That's only few people with wifi problems not all of them.
The sr15 is by far the best Dap it this price range with the least amount of ui/wifi issues.
When you pay the extra $$ it is for the most reliable ui/wifi along with sound quality.
That's why I have ordered the sr15.
I agree, I never had Wifi problems with my SR15

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #187 of 2,727
I agree, I never had Wifi problems with my SR15

All I know is when I am in Starbucks I get zero signal, yet the wifi is fine on all my devices. In my bedroom...minimal signal. For the firmware update I had to put the player on top of the fridge where the transmitter is, after the update, wifi was the same.

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #188 of 2,727
All I know is when I am in Starbucks I get zero signal, yet the wifi is fine on all my devices. In my bedroom...minimal signal. For the firmware update I had to put the player on top of the fridge where the transmitter is, after the update, wifi was the same.

I'm no expert but seems defective to me.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #190 of 2,727
Ça you guys please confirm that the SR15’s line out has a variable outlout allowing me to determine the voltage? I need about 1.5 volts. My portable amp’s Eq is picky.

Yes, yo can set the voltage going from 0.7V to 2V

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #191 of 2,727
I'm no expert but seems defective to me.

Well I ended up exchanging it for the SE100, whos wifi works perfect so I don't know... The SE100 is AMAZING...

Oct 19, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #194 of 2,727
A question if I may, is there a difference in the sound?

Between the SR15 and the SE100? Absolutely.......!!!! Two completely different sound signatures. The thing about the SE100, is you need good 'phones to take advantage of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back