Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Oct 26, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #632 of 1,568
Final e5000 and NCM5 V2 plus incoming bgvp dn6. I also have hd650, meze 99 hesdphones

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #634 of 1,568
I received my SE100 this afternoon. Took it out of the box and immediately fitted the screen protector and put the SD card from my XDP into the SE100. Booted up and updated the software. Loaded Spotify and got some playlists downloaded.
For the last hour I have been listening to a mix of Queen, Japan, George Michael, Mark Knopfler, Eminem, Jean Micheal Jarre through FLAC files and some Spotify.
I'm struggling to find words to describe the sound through my SE535's. I had to tweak the EQ a little to roll of a little high end but other than that the sound from the SE100 is very very well balanced to my ears, also noise I used to hear is no longer there which shames the Pioneer I have been using.
For the minute I am thoroughly impressed with the SE100.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #635 of 1,568
Had the same issue with the Tidal app update, tried twice and got same result, just logon to Google play store. Will try again tomorrow

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #636 of 1,568
i just want to make sure that se100 has no low or high gain setting, am I right?

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #637 of 1,568
I received my SE100 this afternoon. Took it out of the box and immediately fitted the screen protector and put the SD card from my XDP into the SE100. Booted up and updated the software. Loaded Spotify and got some playlists downloaded.
For the last hour I have been listening to a mix of Queen, Japan, George Michael, Mark Knopfler, Eminem, Jean Micheal Jarre through FLAC files and some Spotify.
I'm struggling to find words to describe the sound through my SE535's. I had to tweak the EQ a little to roll of a little high end but other than that the sound from the SE100 is very very well balanced to my ears, also noise I used to hear is no longer there which shames the Pioneer I have been using.
For the minute I am thoroughly impressed with the SE100.

this great dap deserve a better iem than u have

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #639 of 1,568
i was wondering would installing third party players like neutron work with sideloading

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #640 of 1,568
i was wondering would installing third party players like neutron work with sideloading
No. The Ultimate Series does support APKs I think. The reason I favored Neutron was because of the parametric EQ, which the SE100 has natively.

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #644 of 1,568
Would you care to expand on your statement? Should I go out and buy a pair of SE846's or maybe a pair you recommend?

well shure 846 is good, but still SE100 deserves a way better iem.

But I am not here to rec iems that are crazy priced, but check out some from empire ears but watch your wallet :)

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #645 of 1,568
well shure 846 is good, but still SE100 deserves a way better iem.

But I am not here to rec iems that are crazy priced, but check out some from empire ears but watch your wallet :)

"Better IEM?" Well that is very subjective. I personally have the 846's and the Bravados, While they both are excellent IEM's my preference usually lands on the 846's for most music I listen too. My ears prefer the laid back highs, and actually prefer the black filter, sure they are not as resolving as the Bravados but I'm able to listen longer without fatigue. Also coms down to the player being used. I use the Bravados with Sony WM1Z typically because the WM1Z has a warmer and is less forgiving on the top end, they pair great with it. The 846's seem to pair better with my SP1000. Again this is all subjective. The best thing that can be done is demo product, reach out to manufactures, I've had good look getting demos from many companies, not all but most. It also helps to have a local store whom stocks a lot of product. Cheers! \,,/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back