Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
May 30, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #661 of 705
Could you please tell us how many hours ?

May 30, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #662 of 705
Jun 3, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #663 of 705
Getting improved battery life with latest firmware as well. Impressive how A&K didn't abandon the unit from support perspective.
That's a good bonus. Will have to check that. I don't stream, only play files on the player. Have hardly had cause to use the player in the last few months but with the new FW gapless remedy etc will have to set aside a lazy weekend and a few accompanying drinks and review and no doubt enjoy.

Will say it is somewhat impressive that A&K took on board feedback about gapless issues and fixed it... although I also think for the money if shouldn't have been released without that already resolved. Anyway... at least they still listen.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #664 of 705
That's a good bonus. Will have to check that. I don't stream, only play files on the player. Have hardly had cause to use the player in the last few months but with the new FW gapless remedy etc will have to set aside a lazy weekend and a few accompanying drinks and review and no doubt enjoy.

Will say it is somewhat impressive that A&K took on board feedback about gapless issues and fixed it... although I also think for the money if shouldn't have been released without that already resolved. Anyway... at least they still listen.
I use 700 mostly for Tidal streaming so cannot comment about offline battery time improvement. The built-in Tidal app has been updated to a new version, so AK might have optimized that part specifically, not sure.

Sorry, what what the issue with gapless? Don't think I had noticed it.

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #665 of 705
Sorry, what what the issue with gapless? Don't think I had noticed it.
Gapless only worked with properly with Flac files. My library is all AIFF.

With AIFF files, very noticeable gap. With ALAC, less of a gap but still not gapless. If you listen to a lot of live albums (as I do), that's a problem. Upon detailing that to Astell & Kern they asked for some files to be sent to them as examples and said they'd look to fix it.

Pretty impressive that they actually did.

Very nice DAP.

Oct 25, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #672 of 705
Good morning. The Deezer app has disappeared. does anyone know if it is possible to download an old version on apkpure that would work with the sa700?

Thanks in advance
One of the older versions should work. I guess it's a matter of installing a bunch of different ones to pinpoint the latest one that works. If you figure it out, let the thread know.
Hi, looking to upgrade from my slow/crash prone Shanling M6 21 (otherwise very happy with sq) to perhaps a Cayin n6ii, Alpha Kahn, or SA700 for tidal streaming. Would this be an upgrade to M621 you think? Thanks!
sa700 works well for tidal streaming if you like a warmer-neutral sound signature (akm velvet chip). it doesn't crash tidal. It's not slow either but I wouldn't call it fast. it does work much better than sr25 for streaming, sr25 has a terrible wifi chip. you could also consider zx707, it's my go-to streaming dap. 707 is also warm but smoother and more laid-back than sa700.

Oct 25, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #673 of 705
One of the older versions should work. I guess it's a matter of installing a bunch of different ones to pinpoint the latest one that works. If you figure it out, let the thread know.

sa700 works well for tidal streaming if you like a warmer-neutral sound signature (akm velvet chip). it doesn't crash tidal. It's not slow either but I wouldn't call it fast. it does work much better than sr25 for streaming, sr25 has a terrible wifi chip. you could also consider zx707, it's my go-to streaming dap. 707 is also warm but smoother and more laid-back than sa700.

Last version before android 6 limitation (untested by me):

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/deeze...cast-player-6-2-47-57-3-android-apk-download/

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #675 of 705
Hi,

I had the opportunity to have an SA700SS almost like new at a very good second-hand price for €400, I had been looking at it for a long time as a former user of : AK jr, 120, 120mk2, 320... I find it very pleasant in terms of sound, knowing that I only use it as a simple player and in USB DAC mode on my PC. I have a question regarding the output power : the gain adjustment does not seem to affect the output power outside of the line-out when activating the wheel. Is there a gain adjustment outside of max line-out mode ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back