Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
Aug 10, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #601 of 705
One of the features I’d like to see on the SA700 is ReplayGain compatibility. All my music files have this data from the Audirvana app on my Mac, and it would be nice to have all my files play at the same volume … not so much a problem with album listening, but when listening to a selection of songs from different albums, a needed upgrade.

There are daps under $400 that have this feature.

The new SP2000T has ReplayGain, so I hope the SA700 gets a firmware upgrade for this as well. I also read that the 2000T will analyze one’s library and create the ReplayGain data. 👍

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #602 of 705
@JasonNYC, is there a chance that there will be a firmware update that adds ReplayGain data to the SA700 since the newly introduced SP2000T is the first AK dap to have this feature? I really hope so. 🙏

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #603 of 705
@JasonNYC, is there a chance that there will be a firmware update that adds ReplayGain data to the SA700 since the newly introduced SP2000T is the first AK dap to have this feature? I really hope so. 🙏
Not that I've heard yet. So far, the only player that has been mentioned with Replay Gain is the SP2000T.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #604 of 705
Not that I've heard yet. So far, the only player that has been mentioned with Replay Gain is the SP2000T.

ok, thank you for your reply. ✌️

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #605 of 705
1629572278966.png

First proper DAP in the house with the SA700! Really intuitive, easy set-up, and sounds great! So far only tried with my Solaris SE that also just came in. The only thing I'm struggling with is how to get the Bluetooth working - I may be missing something, is the SA700 not able to stream audio from phones and computers? I connect the DAP to my phone and computer just fine, but it shows up in "other network devices" and I can't select it to stream to it. The phone is a Note 20 and the laptop is a windows. Thanks for your help!

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #606 of 705
1629572278966.png

First proper DAP in the house with the SA700! Really intuitive, easy set-up, and sounds great! So far only tried with my Solaris SE that also just came in. The only thing I'm struggling with is how to get the Bluetooth working - I may be missing something, is the SA700 not able to stream audio from phones and computers? I connect the DAP to my phone and computer just fine, but it shows up in "other network devices" and I can't select it to stream to it. The phone is a Note 20 and the laptop is a windows. Thanks for your help!

I don’t believe the SA700 has two-way BT, so as you surmised, that’s why it didn’t work.

Anyway, congrats on your SA700. It has grown on me but I do feel the midrange is more forward than I would have liked, so I use eq to temper this issue. ✌️

Aug 22, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #607 of 705
I don’t believe the SA700 has two-way BT, so as you surmised, that’s why it didn’t work.

Anyway, congrats on your SA700. It has grown on me but I do feel the midrange is more forward than I would have liked, so I use eq to temper this issue. ✌️

Yup, it came to me a bit after I posted that.

It's excellent and going to be a big factor in helping me stop using my phone as much throughout the day as an unexpected bonus.

I love the sound so far, and have no complaints!

Nov 12, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #610 of 705
Dear Jason, tried to install both tidal apk and xapk on sa700 but nothing works (from apkpure). Any suggestion please.

Antonio Miranda

You might have better luck using @JasonNYC to get a reply about your issue.

Nov 12, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #611 of 705
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #612 of 705
You need version 2.31 for ARM7. Later versions do not work due to Android version. Link:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal...playlists-videos-2-31-0-android-apk-download/
Thank you so much. Login tidal and works, but led is always red even in master tracks. Seems that tidal apk doesn’t bypass android in Ak sa700. Qobuz, Amazon hd and Apple Music without any problem. What a wonderful details in last Santana album, Blessings and miracles.
Any suggestion to solve SoundCloud installation problem?. Thanks in advance

Nov 13, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #613 of 705
Thank you so much. Login tidal and works, but led is always red even in master tracks. Seems that tidal apk doesn’t bypass android in Ak sa700. Qobuz, Amazon hd and Apple Music without any problem. What a wonderful details in last Santana album, Blessings and miracles.
Any suggestion to solve SoundCloud installation problem?. Thanks in advance

Try this one. It looks like this is the last version that supports Android 5. I haven't tested:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sound...ongs-2021-04-29-release-android-apk-download/

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #614 of 705
1629572278966.png

That vegas gold version looks much nicer IRL pic compared to the press/website shots. Have anymore 📸?

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #615 of 705
That vegas gold version looks much nicer IRL pic compared to the press/website shots. Have anymore 📸?

I can certainly take some. The gold does not look as artificial as it does in press shots, and is a very nice finish in person. Great little dap the SA700 is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back