Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jul 6, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #5,012 of 5,840
As predicted Qobuz up to their old tricks. Fix one problem, introduce another. Streaming now works but 'imports' don't with v 6.0.1.0
Will report today when I get a moment.
@JasonNYC fyi
@JasonNYC
As I had nothing to lose as I’d already lost all my imported music from an earlier update where it automatically logged me out, I did a clean install completely deleting out the previous version. This seems to have fixed the problem.
Just another week now to re-import everything!

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #5,013 of 5,840
Actually I’ve worked out it probably means those three dots on the top right hand side. Still doesn’t work doing an import that way either though.
Strange, worked for me with v6.0.1.0 on puny little SR15. It did act funny though going from v5 to v6, cleaned the downloads up first. Also, check that your storage location is set correctly.

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #5,014 of 5,840
Strange, worked for me with v6.0.1.0 on puny little SR15. It did act funny though going from v5 to v6, cleaned the downloads up first. Also, check that your storage location is set correctly.
See my subsequent post! Working now but had to completely delete out old version. Yes I lost my 300Gb+ of imports when upgrading to the first v6. I assumed that was because it logged me out. I know from experience that it is a 'feature' of the app that if you sign out you lose all your downloads! Anyhow, enough whining. It's working now and *seems*, touch wood, fairly stable and responsive so far.

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #5,015 of 5,840
See my subsequent post! Working now but had to completely delete out old version. Yes I lost my 300Gb+ of imports when upgrading to the first v6. I assumed that was because it logged me out. I know from experience that it is a 'feature' of the app that if you sign out you lose all your downloads! Anyhow, enough whining. It's working now and *seems*, touch wood, fairly stable and responsive so far.
Spoke a bit too soon. Managed to break it after 25Gb of imports. Need to reinstall. Didn’t seem to like a power off in the middle of a download. Something has become corrupted. Further files won’t download and attempting to delete all imported music doesn’t clear appears to leave some stray data behind. Seems to need to be supervised whilst importing.

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #5,016 of 5,840
Spoke a bit too soon. Managed to break it after 25Gb of imports. Need to reinstall. Didn’t seem to like a power off in the middle of a download. Something has become corrupted. Further files won’t download and attempting to delete all imported music doesn’t clear appears to leave some stray data behind. Seems to need to be supervised whilst importing.
Hi Steve. have had similar issues ?(not exactly the same, but similar) I have found that you have to import in chunks rather than selecting an entire directory. When I do my imports I navigate to my music directory and then sort by artist alphabetically. I then import all the "A"'s then when that is complete the "B"s and so forth until I move the entire directory. Note I am on an Apple so I am using Comander one or Android file transfer. Last recommendation - use the delivered AK cable. While others do work I have had issues with third party cables. Hope this helps

Jul 7, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #5,017 of 5,840
Battery Life Question

My battery life has crashed lately. There are only two things different from when I was getting 8-10 hours playback. I have updated to 1.42cm, and I have started using the equalizer. Now I'm lucky if I get 4 hours playing the same files.
I would appreciate any ideas on what I can do. Thanks

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #5,018 of 5,840
Battery Life Question

My battery life has crashed lately. There are only two things different from when I was getting 8-10 hours playback. I have updated to 1.42cm, and I have started using the equalizer. Now I'm lucky if I get 4 hours playing the same files.
I would appreciate any ideas on what I can do. Thanks
I’m in the same boat too. My battery drained from 100% to 27% just by playing my SACD rip of Black Sabbath Vol 4 - which is less than 45mins! My volume was @ 100, I was using the 2.5mm balanced connection with mu Oppo PM-1 cans. The album is stored in the player’s internal memory

prior to this I’ve always had poor battery performance when using my SP2000 with Roon.

I’ve had my player with me since May 2021 and I’m running the latest firmware.

Jul 8, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #5,019 of 5,840
Hi Steve. have had similar issues ?(not exactly the same, but similar) I have found that you have to import in chunks rather than selecting an entire directory. When I do my imports I navigate to my music directory and then sort by artist alphabetically. I then import all the "A"'s then when that is complete the "B"s and so forth until I move the entire directory. Note I am on an Apple so I am using Comander one or Android file transfer. Last recommendation - use the delivered AK cable. While others do work I have had issues with third party cables. Hope this helps
Sorry it probably wasn’t clear but I am (still) referring to ‘imports’ in the Qobuz app. This is what Qobuz calls downloading your favourites to a device.
Basically the software, or at least the way it runs on the SP2000, is a crock of sh1t. Though I’m labouring on, it continually freezes and has to be restarted whilst downloading. And I’m still only at about 40Gb. About another 260Gb to go!

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #5,021 of 5,840
I’m in the same boat too. My battery drained from 100% to 27% just by playing my SACD rip of Black Sabbath Vol 4 - which is less than 45mins! My volume was @ 100, I was using the 2.5mm balanced connection with mu Oppo PM-1 cans. The album is stored in the player’s internal memory

prior to this I’ve always had poor battery performance when using my SP2000 with Roon.

I’ve had my player with me since May 2021 and I’m running the latest firmware.
Could have been something evil during the Black Sabbath listen causing power drain :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #5,022 of 5,840
Qobuz v6.0.1.0 now takes 55 seconds to open after just 56GB of "Favourites" (130 releases) downloaded. (Before I lost everything I had just over 300GB and 680 releases. )
The downloading is torturous. Very slow and continually need to restart the app. Often it will miss tracks in the middle of albums when downloading and I have to go back and import single tracks. For what it's worth I will raise yet another ticket with Qobuz.

I would honestly throw Qobuz in the bin if it wasn't for the fact I went for the discounted annual subscription offer so I am stuck with it until January next year.
Hopefully Apple Music may offer a better solution in the future.

@JasonNYC for info.

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #5,025 of 5,840
As i have been posting in last few weeks i have been having issues with Amazon Music app, such as;

- Going from online to offline mode, downloaded music would not play. Unless i force stop app or reboot dap.
- In online mode, music that was already in the playlists would not play when queued in My Soundtrack.
- massive loading times music while streaming. (This made me think that its a wifi issue on daps hardware side..)

All these issue improved massively/were eliminated after i wiped clean the app and reinstalled.
It seems that it was a buggy install of app or simply corrupted APK. Not an expert so dont know.
I did it at the time on last SP2k FW update, but doubt i has anything in common as there was nothing mentioned related to amazon app.

Anyways, just wanted to highlight it i case anybody else is having similar issues.
This was more of an in app issue and not A&K i believe.
and now everything work as intended. A massive relief for me now as i can enjoy this Dap with no major issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back