Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #5,044 of 5,840
Are you using an adapter like the Effect Audio AK Adapter?
You need to remove and replug in sometimes if DSD files end up no sound. Bug still not fixed.
Yes. I also meet that problem !.
Sometimes the sound become mono and switch to DSD file/Switch back to PCM will solve the problem.

That is 2 issues I meet.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #5,045 of 5,840
Are you using an adapter like the Effect Audio AK Adapter?
You need to remove and replug in sometimes if DSD files end up no sound. Bug still not fixed.
I am simply running 2.5 mm out from the SP2000. I am so confused about what is even happening to AK daps now.

Jul 23, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #5,051 of 5,840
Tried that as well. It almost feels like my DAP caught a virus.
The adapter using 2.5 and 3.5 poles at the same time. I don't know if it is supported by the current design of circuits. I'm wondering which is better to connect to my C9 amp (With or without 3.5 GND pole)
When doing to connect to amp, the mute DSD is more likely to happen than using 2.5 only.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #5,052 of 5,840
The adapter using 2.5 and 3.5 poles at the same time. I don't know if it is supported by the current design of circuits. I'm wondering which is better to connect to my C9 amp (With or without 3.5 GND pole)
When doing to connect to amp, the mute DSD is more likely to happen than using 2.5 only.
In mine and many other's opinion the only REAL reason to be using the 3.5 plus 2.5 adapter is to support the flimsy little 2.5 connector. And if you have ever broken or bent a 2.5 cable you would understand that as well. The 4.4 is far more robust and A&K seems to have finally accepted that.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,053 of 5,840
In mine and many other's opinion the only REAL reason to be using the 3.5 plus 2.5 adapter is to support the flimsy little 2.5 connector. And if you have ever broken or bent a 2.5 cable you would understand that as well. The 4.4 is far more robust and A&K seems to have finally accepted that.
I understand the problem of thin 2.5mm.
I have my Odin2 solid so I have done my own solution to keep the connector of force and bending to 2.5 connectors.
However, using both 2.5 and 3.5 could lead to the problem of more instability of the system.
I have meet sb claim that kind of adapter could improve the sound but it is nonsense.

I'm looking forward to 4.4 connectors on Sp3000 because it is actually more durability and no one can deny that.

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #5,054 of 5,840
I also find the claim of improved sound to be nonsense. In fact there is only the ground connected in the 3.5 side. I would suspect one could totaly eliminate the ground wire in the adapter with zero consequences. I have a hard time believing those connector adapters are the source for DSD issues. It doesn't really matter to me because I rarely use my SP2K and I have zero issues using the original Kann with the adapter.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #5,055 of 5,840
Speaking of apps, our dev team just updated the list with the version numbers of each app that have been tested with individual players and have no issues. You can see the latest list on the Astell&Kern US site here - https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center#hc-what-app-versions-are-supported-by-astellkern-players

The global AK site will add the list in the next few days under the support tab.

This list will be updated as new app versions are released.
I would be grateful if your dev team would test the new app from Presto Music (or Presto Classical). This is one of the largest classical music retailers around. They recently introduced an app to enable you to stream/download your previous purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back