Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #5,836 of 5,840
I just made it work using a "USB 3.2" USB-C to USB-C cable, I didn't know there was a difference with any USB-C cables to be honest but it seems some do "data" and some are more for just charging (power usb-c cable)

There are a LOT of USB-C cables out there that are wired to do data, but are not properly set up to work reversibly. So they'll work with the connector inserted one way, but not the other.

USB-C should have been so much easier, but it's become such a mess, with so many not-to-spec cables, doing weird power-only, not-reversible, not supporting certain modes, and so on ... with NO way to tell from looking at the cable ... I wound up buying a USB-C analyzer just so I could figure out which cables were which, and label them accordingly.

I'd say 90% of the USB-C cables out there, including some well known name-brand stuff, does not support what you'd expect it to ...

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #5,837 of 5,840
After a few years, replacing the battery can significantly enhance the sound quality due to the low internal resistivity of only 0.17 ohms. Additionally, the new 4200mAh battery extends the usage time, resulting in clearer, punchier, and more dynamic sound.
Perfect Again.

IMG_20240318_154755.jpg
1710752153741.png
1710752169391.png
Where do we get the battery?

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #5,838 of 5,840
Where do we get the battery?
Apologies, my technician acquired it from a local agent, so there isn't a purchase link available.

I've noticed some batteries on AliExpress, but they haven't been qualified yet.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #5,839 of 5,840
There are a LOT of USB-C cables out there that are wired to do data, but are not properly set up to work reversibly. So they'll work with the connector inserted one way, but not the other.

USB-C should have been so much easier, but it's become such a mess, with so many not-to-spec cables, doing weird power-only, not-reversible, not supporting certain modes, and so on ... with NO way to tell from looking at the cable ... I wound up buying a USB-C analyzer just so I could figure out which cables were which, and label them accordingly.

I'd say 90% of the USB-C cables out there, including some well known name-brand stuff, does not support what you'd expect it to ...
I wish A&K would make their own USB-C to USB-C cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back