Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #5,807 of 5,840
Did I miss a setting or is there no way to stop the unit from scanning the SD card every time it starts? With no new files I’m not sure why it scans for 15 mins every time it starts.
Just had a look through settings which no doubt I've done before, can't see anything in there to turn it off.

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #5,808 of 5,840
Did I miss a setting or is there no way to stop the unit from scanning the SD card every time it starts? With no new files I’m not sure why it scans for 15 mins every time it starts.
Scanning for 15 mins doesn't sound right to me. I just timed my unit. From the A&K symbol showing in the middle of the screen to "scanning media" at the top of the screen turning off, i.e. the whole booting up process, only takes about 35 secs. This is with no new albums. But even with new albums added, it really doesn't take much longer. I am using a 1TB Sandisk card with 880GB used.

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #5,809 of 5,840
Scanning for 15 mins doesn't sound right to me. I just timed my unit. From the A&K symbol showing in the middle of the screen to "scanning media" at the top of the screen turning off, i.e. the whole booting up process, only takes about 35 secs. This is with no new albums. But even with new albums added, it really doesn't take much longer. I am using a 1TB Sandisk card with 880GB used.
Using some streaming service like AM for dowloads and having SD card set as download location may throw the unit off the rails. By its nature its a huge amount of small encrypted files. OS should be excluding such locations from the scanner really, but last time I checked this bug was still present. Can be avoided by using internal storage as dl location.

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #5,811 of 5,840
I always took these comments on sound difference with a pinch of salt. However I've joined the club 1.19 where did all this treble come from ? SS2K.

Message to AK careful !!

There are other Daps out there. You only command a premium based on quality of sound, build and innovation, looks like you are losing it.

From 120 all the way through to 2K I've had them all. Each time it has been a positive progression, until now.

There must be some way that AK could allow us to re-install previous firmware if we want 1.19 is crap.
I know I’m replying to an old message of yours, but did you ever find a way to downgrade the firmware versions or find other versions of the firmware? My SP1000 also had a backwards button and out for downgrading the firmware. My device isn’t allowing USB storage, DAC, or transport options. those options are grade out in the settings and notification centre. I was hoping a downgrade would resolve the issue. I did attempt to do a reset, but nothing changed.
IMG_0033.png

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #5,812 of 5,840
Save me scrolling this thread.Has anyone had any success with the new 2tb cards in sp2000?? and if so which ones are the most efficient speed wise? Back to Sp2000 after I couldn’t tell any discernible sq difference between 3000 & 2000 and that’s with noble Viking Ragnar and they’re totl cable, UI massive improvement but lack of space is 👎🏻

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #5,813 of 5,840
Demoing an SP2000. Ouch.... accidentally touched the screen while adjusting the volume and it went all the way up to 100+ 😭

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #5,814 of 5,840
At least you didn’t have the line out button 🤣

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #5,815 of 5,840
Demoing an SP2000. Ouch.... accidentally touched the screen while adjusting the volume and it went all the way up to 100+ 😭

Nothing worse than Chord Mojo 1 blasting at 3V line out setting by accident. I thought back then my Andromeda IEM was toast but it dang survived. This is prior to obtaining my SP2000 back then

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #5,816 of 5,840
Nothing worse than Chord Mojo 1 blasting at 3V line out setting by accident. I thought back then my Andromeda IEM was toast but it dang survived. This is prior to obtaining my SP2000 back then
Ooof! I had my accidents with Mojo 1 too and Im glad my IEM survived. Ever since I would put to lowest volume lol. Quite a trauma haha

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #5,820 of 5,840
Any details on updates 1.52CN ?
Fixed Date/Time setting where selecting year past 2023 was not possible
Fixed Roon Ready Key Play Skip issue - When screen was off, pressing physical buttons would advance multiple tracks instead of one
Fixed the Spotify login error
Fixed the Tidal list issue
System stability and minor bug fixes

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back