Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #5,056 of 5,840
Could someone test something for me please.

When you have your cable in 2.5mm jack, could you push the top of jack termination laterally and see if you start loosing contact on 1 side of your iems?

I have started having this issue and wander if this is normal. Tried it with 2 cables with same results. Its becoming annoying when i have a dap in a pocket...

Will probably have to go for low profile 90 degree jack termination...shame as i quite like my eletech cable.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #5,057 of 5,840
There is a new software update to my SP2000 cu. Update size is 420mb.
Wonder what the update is about ?

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #5,059 of 5,840
There is a new software update to my SP2000 cu. Update size is 420mb.
Wonder what the update is about ?
There was an intermittent issue where certain AKM DAC filters could cause an error with right/left balance on devices with octa-core Samsung Exynos CPUs. This firmware update fixes the issue.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jul 28, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #5,060 of 5,840
There was an intermittent issue where certain AKM DAC filters could cause an error with right/left balance on devices with octa-core Samsung Exynos CPUs. This firmware update fixes the issue.
Which devices use that processor ?

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #5,061 of 5,840
So, no battery life improvements?

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #5,062 of 5,840
Could someone test something for me please.

When you have your cable in 2.5mm jack, could you push the top of jack termination laterally and see if you start loosing contact on 1 side of your iems?

I have started having this issue and wander if this is normal. Tried it with 2 cables with same results. Its becoming annoying when i have a dap in a pocket...

Will probably have to go for low profile 90 degree jack termination...shame as i quite like my eletech cable.

same problem here….

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #5,064 of 5,840
same problem here….
This is kind of annoying i thought 2.5mm jacks are unreliable enough. Now their ports are flimsy too. This is a big one. Honestly it never get any abuse on my side apart from being in a pocket. It just keeps getting worse.

I think i will look into getting socket replaced, no other choice. Otherwise its going to become unusable soon.

Anyone using 90 degree terminated cables here. Dont want to waste much, something around 200 bucks?

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #5,065 of 5,840
This is kind of annoying i thought 2.5mm jacks are unreliable enough. Now their ports are flimsy too. This is a big one. Honestly it never get any abuse on my side apart from being in a pocket. It just keeps getting worse.
I think i will look into getting socket replaced, no other choice. Otherwise its going to become unusable soon.

Anyone using 90 degree terminated cables here. Dont want to waste much, something around 200 bucks?

yeah, it‘s super annoying… i tried som 90 degree cables, bit doesn‘t solve the problrm, since i occasionally still have some lateral shearing… had similar issues with som 3.5 ports though….

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #5,066 of 5,840
What is the phenomenon of this fix?
I sometimes meet those:
- Sound became mono.
- LR swap(rarely)
Does this fix solve these problems?

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #5,069 of 5,840
did anyone encounter log in issues with apple music that once you log in it does not actually log you in ?
I am running 3.6.0 on my SP2000 without any issues and no problem remaining logged in.

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #5,070 of 5,840
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back