Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jul 3, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #4,997 of 5,840
Speaking of apps, our dev team just updated the list with the version numbers of each app that have been tested with individual players and have no issues. You can see the latest list on the Astell&Kern US site here - https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center#hc-what-app-versions-are-supported-by-astellkern-players

The global AK site will add the list in the next few days under the support tab.

This list will be updated as new app versions are released.
Surprised to see BBC iPlayer Radio in any form on this list as BBC does not support it any longer and quite resolutely suggests to bugger off and start using BBC Sounds, which is not whitelisted by A&K.

Jul 5, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #4,998 of 5,840
Well, my 2 year old SP2000Cu seems to have breathed its last breathe this evening. It's been a bit erratic for the past week as Roon endpoint. I thought it's wifi was giving up. Well now we know.

it turns on and then off again. It will progress to various degrees of being on. And then shut down. A couple of times the Home Screen was on and then it will then black out.

oh well... it is what it is.

@JasonNYC is there any hard reset button?

Well, it perhaps comes at the right time. I've been thinking that there's been so much issues I've been facing with the aging flagship AK DAP, that the journey that started with the AK100 almost 10 years back is over:

Time to move on. :)

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #4,999 of 5,840
Well, my 2 year old SP2000Cu seems to have breathed its last breathe this evening. It's been a bit erratic for the past week as Roon endpoint. I thought it's wifi was giving up. Well now we know.

it turns on and then off again. It will progress to various degrees of being on. And then shut down. A couple of times the Home Screen was on and then it will then black out.

Well, it perhaps comes at the right time. I've been thinking that there's been so much issues I've been facing with the aging flagship AK DAP, that the journey that started with the AK100 almost 10 years back is over:

Try holding Scroll up+Power for 7 seconds

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #5,000 of 5,840

Where will you move next?

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #5,001 of 5,840
Try holding Scroll up+Power for 7 seconds
Did that already. Didn’t make any difference at all. A bit disappointing that AK still current flagship does not last even 2 years.

Will let the AD deal with it. Will keep the thread updated. I will be more than slightly annoyed if AK tries to rip me off for the replacement of parts/repairs. It will be educational. :)

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #5,002 of 5,840
Did that already. Didn’t make any difference at all. A bit disappointing that AK still current flagship does not last even 2 years.

Will let the AD deal with it. Will keep the thread updated. I will be more than slightly annoyed if AK tries to rip me off for the replacement of parts/repairs. It will be educational. :)
Did this happen under regular abuses ?

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #5,003 of 5,840
Where will you move next?

Well, I do have the Shanling M8, the iBasso DX300 and the FiiO M11Plus LTD. Latter two are android 9 and 10. So should last for a while in terms of support for their version of android OS.

But for sound quality, I am very pleased with the Luxury & Precision P6 Pro. No bells and whistles. But R2R DAC and if i want streaming, i just use their easy to use USB DAC function with my iPhone. Big shout out to Andrew of @MusicTeck for making it possible. I love it so much that I have a LP 6 which will be making its way across to me some time tomorrow.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #5,004 of 5,840
Did this happen under regular abuses ?

Heheh! I do take good care of my DAPs. Nothing exotic like swimming with it etc. Normal use. In the office, at home, on flights.

Which is precisely why it is so annoying. @JasonNYC , for the price AK charges, you’d expect a premium experience. I don’t think that is too much to expect. But of course I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #5,005 of 5,840
A one year warranty on a DAP that price would not be legal in Australia. Our consumer legislative authority mandates warranty that is commensurate the expected user lifespan which is usually at least 2 years.
Good luck!

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #5,006 of 5,840
A one year warranty on a DAP that price would not be legal in Australia. Our consumer legislative authority mandates warranty that is commensurate the expected user lifespan which is usually at least 2 years.
Good luck!

thanks! Let's see what AK says when the AD sends it in. If it is too unreasonable, it'll just be a stain, albeit an expensive one, on my view of what AK has become as an audio company. :)

Especially since I just had to send my less than year old Kann Alpha back to AK because the 4.4mm socket is losing contact with pentaconn 4.4mm plugs…

Not quite what one would expect from a premium brand…

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #5,007 of 5,840

Unlikely to be the reason but have you tried removing the SD card?

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #5,008 of 5,840
Jul 6, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #5,010 of 5,840
As predicted Qobuz up to their old tricks. Fix one problem, introduce another. Streaming now works but 'imports' don't with v 6.0.1.0
Will report today when I get a moment.
@JasonNYC fyi
82A43B5D-DA08-4C80-8977-1CB63470E034.jpeg

And can anyone tell me where the ooo menu is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back