Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #3,361 of 5,840
I mass copied my music into internal memory and from time to time I am arranging album artwork in the folders by deleting the existing art and copying a new one. Sometimes the new artwork appears after the restart and rescanning of the library but sometimes SP2000 just continues to show the old artwork even though it is no longer in the directory. There is no files in the AlbumArt folder on the internal memory, as well. How do I make SP2000 to show the correct artwork? Completely delete the folder and re-paste it to the memory?
It’s probably lookung at the art embedded in the file. You may need to change that.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,363 of 5,840
I mass copied my music into internal memory and from time to time I am arranging album artwork in the folders by deleting the existing art and copying a new one. Sometimes the new artwork appears after the restart and rescanning of the library but sometimes SP2000 just continues to show the old artwork even though it is no longer in the directory. There is no files in the AlbumArt folder on the internal memory, as well. How do I make SP2000 to show the correct artwork? Completely delete the folder and re-paste it to the memory?
I would recommend doing a manual media scan to reindex everything when you swap out album art. Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan. If you have playlists on the player, make sure clear playlists is not checked. A manual scan can take up to 10 minutes depending on how many files are in internal and external memory.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jun 10, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #3,364 of 5,840
I would wait for the next version of the Qobuz app as we already know there were some issues with the current version. It was supposed to be released as early as the end of last week, so I suspect it should be available any day now.
@JasonNYC I shall but with respect there are ‘some issues’ with every release of Qobuz on A&K players. I have still to find out whether it can cope with more than 300 downloaded albums without falling over in a heap. Seems little point in even testing it at the moment.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,365 of 5,840
Yes, that's what I'm doing indeed. However, I have not yet seen a qobuz app on my AK devices that worked flawlessly, so I'm not counting on the new release to solve all issues...:smile_phones:. Who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I have tidal as a backup..
I fear not in my lifetime and I don’t believe in streaming after death!

Jun 12, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #3,367 of 5,840
F4A72F02-109F-41AA-A9B1-04ECED559FC1.jpeg

@JasonNYC Response from Qobuz to my bug report which looks like a non-starter. I’ve intimated this isn’t possible but, for good protocol, said I would check with A&K.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #3,370 of 5,840
My AK240 was listing the albums under related artist in chronological order in the UI if the music file tag has the album release date. SP2000 does not do that. As far as I can understand, SP2000 UI lists albums as per their loading time to internal memory. Is there a way to fix this?

I saw that SR25's latest firmware update brings back the chronological order option. Any idea if it is coming to SP2000, as well?

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #3,371 of 5,840
Nul points so far to Qobuz support

Sent: 16 June 2020 09:43
To: support-help@qobuz.com
Subject: Re: Qobuz | Your request number 00129583 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5001tUgCbv:ref ]

Hi

As mentioned previously, Astell & Kern devices do not have access to Google Playstore.

There doesn't appear to be an attachment to your previous message.

Regards

From: noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.com> on behalf of support-help@qobuz.com <support-help@qobuz.com>
Sent: 16 June 2020 07:49
To:
Subject:
Qobuz | Your request number 00129583 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5001tUgCbv:ref ]

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

You can load the app through the Google Playstore if the device has access to it, otherwise you should be able to upload the manual version I have attached in this message.

Best regards

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #3,372 of 5,840
While I receive the app will not function properly because of lack of Google Playstore access, it still appears to function. Am I missing something? I am on 5.9.0 Qobuz. I have not heard stuttering or hitching. I am not saying it is perfect, but it faster than on my Cube.

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,373 of 5,840
Be glad! The previous version was ok for me, but not for others. The latest release is not usable for me, only using tidal until the next qobuz release. I don't know why it apparently works on some devices and not on others. Factors that might have something to do with it include having offline content or not and whether it's a fresh install or upgrade from a previous version. In any case, I'll wait for the next release, and if that's not better I'll go back to 5.8.0.1

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #3,375 of 5,840
Be glad! The previous version was ok for me, but not for others. The latest release is not usable for me, only using tidal until the next qobuz release. I don't know why it apparently works on some devices and not on others. Factors that might have something to do with it include having offline content or not and whether it's a fresh install or upgrade from a previous version. In any case, I'll wait for the next release, and if that's not better I'll go back to 5.8.0.1
I installed fresh, not an upgrade and I store no offline content. I do receive the Playstore message but I ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back