Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #3,376 of 5,840
I installed fresh, not an upgrade and I store no offline content. I do receive the Playstore message but I ignore it.
I do have offline content, which is why I haven't tried a fresh reinstall. That may well fix the stuttering. I will simply wait for the next release, which is apparently imminent, and if it does not work, do a fresh install. One thing I do know, if you have a version that works, I would stick with it...

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #3,377 of 5,840
I do have offline content, which is why I haven't tried a fresh reinstall. That may well fix the stuttering. I will simply wait for the next release, which is apparently imminent, and if it does not work, do a fresh install. One thing I do know, if you have a version that works, I would stick with it...
Mine was a fresh install of 5.9.0 as I had downloaded, very slowly and painfully, over 600 albums on v5.8.0.1 which had caused the app to completely cease to function - it wasn’t even possible to start it.
I do think downloaded content is a contributing factor. I can’t be absolutely sure without deleting and reloading again but I don’t think I had the stuttering problem on 5.9.0 until I started downloading content again. I now have just over 200 albums downloaded and it’s unlistenable on anything above 24/44.1 resolution. I could just stream but, I mean this is a *portable* device so......

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,378 of 5,840
I don't have an Android phone but I wonder if there are similar issues with the Qobuz app on those. They are struggling very hard to get it right. If they have the same issues on Android phones, designing a new app from scratch might be the way to go. Qobuz is my go-to streaming service, so I really hope they fix the issues once and for all, and hopefully soon. It is certainly hampering my enjoyment of this top of the line device.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #3,379 of 5,840
Mine was a fresh install of 5.9.0 as I had downloaded, very slowly and painfully, over 600 albums on v5.8.0.1 which had caused the app to completely cease to function - it wasn’t even possible to start it.
I do think downloaded content is a contributing factor. I can’t be absolutely sure without deleting and reloading again but I don’t think I had the stuttering problem on 5.9.0 until I started downloading content again. I now have just over 200 albums downloaded and it’s unlistenable on anything above 24/44.1 resolution. I could just stream but, I mean this is a *portable* device so......
I just deleted all offline content, about 45 GB, and now the music plays fine... In my experience, pretty much all issues with the qobuz app are related to offline content.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,380 of 5,840
Same thing happened to me. 5.9.0, 5.8.1, and 5.6.2 --all failed.

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #3,381 of 5,840
Did any of you see the listing on ebay for a SP2000 and AK CD Riipper advertised as like new for $2100? That listing was sold in about 5 hours. I wonder was it legit? If it was legit someone got a crazy deal!

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #3,382 of 5,840
I just deleted all offline content, about 45 GB, and now the music plays fine... In my experience, pretty much all issues with the qobuz app are related to offline content.
Thanks for confirming that. That was my suspicion. @JasonNYC I will wait for the next Qobuz update and report after that but please note the downloading issue is not a new one. Is there a better and/or more formal way of logging this as a problem, assuming it still exists after the next update, rather than spamming you with lots of possibly disjointed messages?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,383 of 5,840
Qobuz update hit and while I was never having issues, but I don't download, I am no longer getting the Playstore message

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #3,384 of 5,840
Version 5.9.0.2 of Qobuz just came out. Let's hope that the difference in performance is larger than the almost identical version name suggests :).

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,386 of 5,840
Qobuz update hit and while I was never having issues, but I don't download, I am no longer getting the Playstore message
Yep. Just seen that, thanks. I'm not expecting a major difference as the version number has only been incremented to v5.9.0.2 but we'll see. So here goes again..... The existing problem does definitely seem to be down to downloading.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #3,387 of 5,840
To any of you that have installed the Tidal XAPK do you notice a difference in sound quality between it and the embedded one?
In the past I believe the embedded version was less loud for some reason, but I just tried again and it sounds pretty similar to me. The key difference is the ability to download music with the xapk version.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,388 of 5,840
In the past I believe the embedded version was less loud for some reason, but I just tried again and it sounds pretty similar to me. The key difference is the ability to download music with the xapk version.
Can you access "My Mixes" in the embedded app,I can't find it? I just re-subscribed to Tidal I have Amazon Music HD and Qobuz subscriptions but I wanted to hear how Tidal sounded on the SP2K

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #3,389 of 5,840
Can you access "My Mixes" in the embedded app,I can't find it? I just re-subscribed to Tidal I have Amazon Music HD and Qobuz subscriptions but I wanted to hear how Tidal sounded on the SP2K
I never use those but no, I cannot find them in the embedded app either.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #3,390 of 5,840
I never use those but no, I cannot find them in the embedded app either.
They are good if you go for a run and don't want to pull out your device:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back