Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #3,347 of 5,831
Hi Guys, having an issue with Open APP Tidal on my SP2000.
Yesterday I got logged out of my offline Tidal on SP2000, still don't know why, and couldn't login just on that device.
Uninstalled the Tidal offline version, and downloaded,copied the newest Tidal APP version to the correct folder on my SP2000.

However, when I go to my player "Services" folder, I don't see the copied offline Tidal file there and so can't install it, although I did copy the APP file there.
Super frustrated.
Can anyone help, please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Open Appp Service.JPG
    Open Appp Service.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Tidal missing.JPG
    Tidal missing.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #3,348 of 5,831
The latest version of Tidal is now a different file type: XAPK instead of APK. You need to install another program first, called XAPK installer. Then you can use that program to install the Tidal XAPK. This is what you're looking for:

1591623463714.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #3,350 of 5,831
Jun 9, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #3,354 of 5,831
UPDATE Re: Qobuz stuttering on 24/192 tracks only when downloaded to device
FAO @JasonNYC
I seem to be consistently experiencing stuttering when playing back downloaded 24/192 tracks from Qobuz.
Further to the problem with various Beach Boys mono 24/192 tracks , the exact same problem occurs with the 24/192 version of 'Disraeli Gears' by Cream.
The tracks play fine when streaming; it is only when they are downloaded that the problem occurs.
The music stops for about half a second five or six times, usually only on the first minute of any track.
Strangly, you can recreate the same effect when streaming 24/192 tracks when they are not downloaded if you set the maximum streaming rate to 24 bit/96kHz.
I will raise the issue with Qobuz as well as I'm a masochist like that but any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jun 9, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #3,355 of 5,831
FAO @JasonNYC
I seem to be consistently experiencing stuttering when playing back downloaded 24/192 tracks from Qobuz.
Further to the problem with various Beach Boys mono 24/192 tracks , the exact same problem occurs with the 24/192 version of 'Disraeli Gears' by Cream.
The tracks play fine when streaming; it is only when they are downloaded that the problem occurs.
The music stops for about half a second five or six times, usually only on the first minute of any track.
Strangly, you can recreate the same effect when streaming 24/192 tracks when they are not downloaded if you set the maximum streaming rate to 24 bit/96kHz.
I will raise the issue with Qobuz as well as I'm a masochist like that but any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks
@JasonNYC Sorry to keep spamming on this but I made another discovery that after you have succesfully streamed a 24/192 track, Qobuz stores it in a cache so you get the same problem again. You have to clear the cache to then listen to the track without pauses.

Jun 9, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #3,356 of 5,831
@JasonNYC Sorry to keep spamming on this but I made another discovery that after you have succesfully streamed a 24/192 track, Qobuz stores it in a cache so you get the same problem again. You have to clear the cache to then listen to the track without pauses.
Further update: for the first time I have had the problem on a downloaded 24/96 file.
http://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894796308
Streamed it last night before downloading with no problem.

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #3,357 of 5,831
FAO @JasonNYC

Thanks
I would wait for the next version of the Qobuz app as we already know there were some issues with the current version. It was supposed to be released as early as the end of last week, so I suspect it should be available any day now.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jun 9, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #3,358 of 5,831
Yes, that's what I'm doing indeed. However, I have not yet seen a qobuz app on my AK devices that worked flawlessly, so I'm not counting on the new release to solve all issues...:smile_phones:. Who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm glad I have tidal as a backup..

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #3,360 of 5,831
I mass copied my music into internal memory and from time to time I am arranging album artwork in the folders by deleting the existing art and copying a new one. Sometimes the new artwork appears after the restart and rescanning of the library but sometimes SP2000 just continues to show the old artwork even though it is no longer in the directory. There is no files in the AlbumArt folder on the internal memory, as well. How do I make SP2000 to show the correct artwork? Completely delete the folder and re-paste it to the memory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back