Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #2,033 of 5,840
Why not buy one then? Don't reviewers even bother any more unless it's free?

AK units are always on loan from the factory, and they're always returned. We're all normal guys with day jobs and families. We have to work hard and like most people on here we don't have thousands of euros/dollars to freely spend on gear (for your reading pleasure).
I will not comment on these kind of posts anymore.

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #2,034 of 5,840
AK units are always on loan from the factory, and they're always returned. We're all normal guys with day jobs and families. We have to work hard and like most people on here we don't have thousands of euros/dollars to freely spend on gear (for your reading pleasure).
Why are people so salty about reviewers getting free units lmao. If it was so easy, why don't THEY become a reviewer lols

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #2,035 of 5,840
You really don't see any irony in your own words? Please pm me when something bad happens in your life. I want to be there for you with an equivalent expletive-laden level of sympathy.

I second the vote for a gain control and/or volume cap on the SP2k. With sensitive IEMs, it is way too easy to raise the volume to very unsafe levels very quickly. A low/medium/high gain setting would also be useful for fine-grained volume control with IEMs. I frequently find volume level 1 is still too loud for my Xelentos or SE846.

Gain control and volume cap are urgently-needed features.

Dont feed the trolls.

take a look at the person posting claiming "damage".. they have only posted 11 times. People replying here are either:

(A) feeding a troll or

(B) feeding someones council that is looking for some cash.

there is nothing new with the AK players volume controls. they have existed this way since AK240 and prior. never been a problem.

You are also not seconding any vote. unless you are an owner manager at AK your opinion like mine does to matter. We can make requests and hope that our requests will make it into a future product, but that is all we can hope for. Also keep in mind this was discussed several pages ago in this thread.

FYI - you can disable the volume wheel wake feature. this will force the pressing of the volume button to wake the player. only then will the volume wheel respond and enable the screen volume control to activate.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #2,036 of 5,840
Dont feed the trolls.
FYI - you can disable the volume wheel wake feature. this will force the pressing of the volume button to wake the player. only then will the volume wheel respond and enable the screen volume control to activate.
then please give us the procedure !
thanks

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #2,037 of 5,840
Doing great job, i am Long time reader

You guys need to add a YouTube channel as well

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #2,038 of 5,840
then please give us the procedure !
thanks

I am not sure I understand your post. my error.

If it is with regard to trolls - you can ignore. you can also report using the link on the left side of the post.

if it is with regard to the volume wheel. On the setup drop down (notification panel) there is something called "wheel lock". click to activate.

if you dont see it. go into setup and select notification panel. drag the "wheel lock" icon so it will appear in the notification panel

you can also change the screen orientation to horizontal using car mode. with the screen in horizontal the volume wheel is on the top of the player making inadvertent activation of the wheel much less of an issue since your holding the player differently

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #2,039 of 5,840
I am not sure I understand your post. my error.

If it is with regard to trolls - you can ignore. you can also report using the link on the left side of the post.

if it is with regard to the volume wheel. On the setup drop down (notification panel) there is something called "wheel lock". click to activate.

if you dont see it. go into setup and select notification panel. drag the "wheel lock" icon so it will appear in the notification panel

you can also change the screen orientation to horizontal using car mode. with the screen in horizontal the volume wheel is on the top of the player making inadvertent activation of the wheel much less of an issue since your holding the player differently
No trolls here. And no lawsuit. You also don’t understand the issue. That’s obvious from your commentary. The wheel lock feature prevents the wheel from altering volume when the screen is locked as in, when not used for some time or in your pocket. It is a safety feature. The option needed is a safer on screen volume control or the option to disable the swipe volume feature. Sorry you’re struggling with this. I feel badly for you.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #2,040 of 5,840
No trolls here. And no lawsuit. You also don’t understand the issue. That’s obvious from your commentary. The wheel lock feature prevents the wheel from altering volume when the screen is locked as in, when not used for some time or in your pocket. It is a safety feature. The option needed is a safer on screen volume control or the option to disable the swipe volume feature. Sorry you’re struggling with this. I feel badly for you.
Maybe its not intended to be in a pocket ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back