Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #1,427 of 5,840
Do you feel the stock cable is brighter or the 1950s cable?

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,428 of 5,840
Thanks, Giraku. I wish I had the chance to hear the Andro Gold. I'm a huge fan of the regular.

Well, that boat sailed away considering AG was a limited release, already sold out and discontinued :wink:

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,430 of 5,840
Well, that boat sailed away considering AG was a limited release, already sold out and discontinued :wink:

Yeah, we were able to get a couple for our store, but not enough for me to personally justify keeping one!

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Oct 10, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #1,431 of 5,840
Does anyone knows what this message means? Every time I power my sp2k on it always comes up.
20191010_163247.jpg

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #1,433 of 5,840
I have a 1TB microsd card filled with music. I rather not reformatting it if I could avoid doing so. I usually just say OK to close it and then I am fine. But even if I use my 400 GB card I still get the same message, I just hit OK and it will go away.

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #1,434 of 5,840
Does anyone knows what this message means? Every time I power my sp2k on it always comes up.
If formatting doesn't help try factory reset

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,435 of 5,840
Man the SP2000 SS w A18t and 1950s cable is just an absolute monster setup (as it should be for the cost), I’m constantly finding myself hearing new things on albums I am beyond familiar with. It’s making me love my music even more.
That's like the same cost as my bedroom setup, lol...

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,436 of 5,840
Has anyone here been able to try the SP2000 with Layla AION yet?

I did. I got SP2KCu with Layla AION on the release day. Layla sounded certainly excellent in terms of micro details, resolution, separation, and imaging. However, I did not like somewhat "closed" feel of the treble. Don't get me wrong. I could hear lots of details. But still I felt there was some kind of cap on the treble section. So, I returned AION. I'm very happy with Solaris and Andro Gold now.

Agreed with Giraku. AION overall is good, but not my cup of tea, the soundstage is quite narrow (compared to my current QDC VX). I’m a fan of orchestra, always prefer iems with a wider soundstage. Btw, I paired them on SP2000 SS.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,437 of 5,840
have you compared SP2K SS V/S Cu before buying the SS v ersion ? I have SP1KSS and wonder if I should choose SS or Cu "IF" I decide to upgrade.
I have not try sp2kcu yet.
I had sp1kcu before.
If you have sp1kss and love it, then better go for sp2kss.
I love sp2kss sound, liquid yet detail. Vocal also not dry, very lovely.
imo.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #1,439 of 5,840
have you compared SP2K SS V/S Cu before buying the SS v ersion ? I have SP1KSS and wonder if I should choose SS or Cu "IF" I decide to upgrade.

I have tried both SS / CU before I made my purchase. (finally go for SS, although CU is more common) . It’s really depends on the music / genre that you used to listen.

CU : warmer, musical, deeper bass, higher density, sweeter vocal, punchier

SS : clearer sound, micro details, wider soundstage, higher transparent, airy, faster

If you’re someone who listening to variety of genres, and owned a slightly ‘warmer’ iem, go for SS , but if you spend most of your time just listening to ‘vocal’ , then go for CU for sure, with no doubt.

SS is more ‘flexible’ to me, while CU is for someone who taking more serious on vocal, and don’t really care much about the micro details, just enjoying & relaxing with musics, it is really easy to listen.

Personally, I’m a fan of orchestra and instrumental music, I also listen to variety of genres, so I think SS suits me more. Although I don’t really enjoying with brighter / hiss sound signature, but I think SP2KSS is just right to me, the highs is acceptable.

Besides, you can also ‘balance’ it by playing with the pairing, mix and match with a warmer / cooler cables or iems to fulfil your flavour.

Just my 2 cents , hope it helps.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #1,440 of 5,840
I have tried both SS / CU before I made my purchase. (finally go for SS, although CU is more common) . It’s really depends on the music / genre that you used to listen.

CU : warmer, musical, deeper bass, higher density, sweeter vocal, punchier

SS : clearer sound, micro details, wider soundstage, higher transparent, airy, faster

If you’re someone who listening to variety of genres, and owned a slightly ‘warmer’ iem, go for SS , but if you spend most of your time just listening to ‘vocal’ , then go for CU for sure, with no doubt.

SS is more ‘flexible’ to me, while CU is for someone who taking more serious on vocal, and don’t really care much about the micro details, just enjoying & relaxing with musics, it is really easy to listen.

Personally, I’m a fan of orchestra and instrumental music, I also listen to variety of genres, so I think SS suits me more. Although I don’t really enjoying with brighter / hiss sound signature, but I think SP2KSS is just right to me, the highs is acceptable.

Besides, you can also ‘balance’ it by playing with the pairing, mix and match with a warmer / cooler cable or iems to fulfil your flavour.

Just my 2 cents , hope it helps.
All in all then one will need both cause many wants it all and listens to all kinds of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back