Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #5,222 of 5,840
LOL. That is what I think when the sp3000 arrives, maybe we will forget the terrible technical service they have. But what calms me down is that good brands are arriving, with excellent results that make you hesitate to buy again (Ibasso, Cayin). Personally I prefer not to buy, to avoid future bad times.

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #5,223 of 5,840
LOL. That is what I think when the sp3000 arrives, maybe we will forget the terrible technical service they have. But what calms me down is that good brands are arriving, with excellent results that make you hesitate to buy again (Ibasso, Cayin). Personally I prefer not to buy, to avoid future bad times.
Indeed. Especially if they do not ramp up their driving power

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,224 of 5,840
It is upsetting to see many people having issues with support. I pass on all of these concerns to the team in Korea.

Currently, most repairs are going back to Korea, even if there is a regional service center for your country. Due to COVID travel restrictions around the world, AK needed to suspend their repair training as they could not send the training team to most countries for the required 2 weeks of repair training or have repair techs from other countries come to Korea for training. AK is hoping to resume normal regional repair services around the end of the year when travel restrictions ease.

For North American customers, we are currently looking at early 2022 to restart repairs for US/Canada here in the US and not have to ship to Korea. Until then, all repairs that are received by our California office will be shipped to Korea for repair. Repairs in the US normally take about 2 weeks from receipt of the item in our California office to the device being returned to the owner. Since March 2020, that has increased to about 3 - 4 weeks as there have been delays with US customs releasing shipments since the start of COVID. We are seeing it typically take an extra week for shipments from Korea to be released by customs.

For North America customers, we take customer support seriously. Please PM me immediately if you are located in the US or Canada, have contacted support and not received a timely response or have an issue. Since I work for the US team, I have direct control to make sure issues are resolved. Also, please note that for North America customers, we do offer phone support, so you can speak to a live person located in our Southern California office. Phone support is available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm PT. North America support info can be found at https://us.astellnkern.com/pages/contact-us

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 31, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #5,225 of 5,840
It is upsetting to see many people having issues with support. I pass on all of these concerns to the team in Korea.

Currently, most repairs are going back to Korea, even if there is a regional service center for your country. Due to COVID travel restrictions around the world, AK needed to suspend their repair training as they could not send the training team to most countries for the required 2 weeks of repair training or have repair techs from other countries come to Korea for training. AK is hoping to resume normal regional repair services around the end of the year when travel restrictions ease.

For North American customers, we are currently looking at early 2022 to restart repairs for US/Canada here in the US and not have to ship to Korea. Until then, all repairs that are received by our California office will be shipped to Korea for repair. Repairs in the US normally take about 2 weeks from receipt of the item in our California office to the device being returned to the owner. Since March 2020, that has increased to about 3 - 4 weeks as there have been delays with US customs releasing shipments since the start of COVID. We are seeing it typically take an extra week for shipments from Korea to be released by customs.

For North America customers, we take customer support seriously. Please PM me immediately if you are located in the US or Canada, have contacted support and not received a timely response or have an issue. Since I work for the US team, I have direct control to make sure issues are resolved. Also, please note that for North America customers, we do offer phone support, so you can speak to a live person located in our Southern California office. Phone support is available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm PT. North America support info can be found at https://us.astellnkern.com/pages/contact-us
A pity that the rest of the world, we do not have the level of attention that they give in North America. they only retain their customers from the north.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #5,226 of 5,840

I have tried the A&K US customer support, and it’s pretty good, it’s a real reference among the others.
My congratulations for @JasonNYC, his work here in head fi helps to keep this brand alive and with relative health in this side of the world, because directly from Korea Astell&Kern seems doesn’t care for customer service very well…to say the least…

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #5,227 of 5,840
Anyone looking at the new Meze Elites. And if so anyone with the original empyreans 2.5mm cable recommendations,

disclaimer: i have a dream that one day a dap will have a t1000 style shrink to fit termination port with mainline into brain technology so I no longer have to seek out these snake oil synergy kilobuck metal wires

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #5,228 of 5,840
Anyone looking at the new Meze Elites. And if so anyone with the original empyreans 2.5mm cable recommendations,

disclaimer: i have a dream that one day a dap will have a t1000 style shrink to fit termination port with mainline into brain technology so I no longer have to seek out these snake oil synergy kilobuck metal wires
Disclaimer : Elon musk and his brain chip may be an answer for you. I think he is also looking for willing clients to take up the experiments as well

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #5,230 of 5,840
My congratulations for @JasonNYC, his work here in head fi helps to keep this brand alive and with relative health in this side of the world

Totally agree! @JasonNYC is doing an outstanding job - he is the face of A&K and I think that without him I would have changed DAP brand.
I'm in Europe but even though he helped me sort out a problem with Korea.
It's also very nice to have a representative from the brand on HF discussing with customers, replying to requests and escalating things to the dev team in Korea.
Thanks @JasonNYC !! :pray:

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #5,231 of 5,840

Thank you for this post.

I am based in the UK and can personally attest that the above are not just words. I had an issue with a cosmetic problem on the display of my Vegas Gold SP2K- the UK distributor didn't sound convinced that it is something they can take care of as I did not notice it immediately. Jason reached out to the HQ in Korea to exert some pressure from the top and I ended up with a brand new unit.

As for Cayin, iBasso and the rest- I had a DX300 with a faulty volume wheel, a Cayin N6ii with a charging problem and a Hiby R62020 that kept restarting. Not having a responsive and cooperative dealer in Europe means I would have been at the mercy of someone sitting in a high tower in Asia, who couldn't care less about the experience of one customer (as was the case with some of the above examples);

Thanks to Jason (and excellent!!! Roon support for the SP2K), A&K won itself a loyal customer in me. Keep it up!

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #5,232 of 5,840
Oh, and on the topic of the SP2000T- while the flexibility of different amps and dacs to choose from is appealing, I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to get a new Vegas Gold with its flawless Roon integration. It might be on the heavy side but is a far more pocketable Hugo2+2Go that I use in a semi-portable fashion only.

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #5,233 of 5,840
@JasonNYC I am not sure if this bug has been reported but when I am using the Effect Audio AKA 4.4mm adapter, when I switch on SRC in Roon, the DAP would play but there is no sound. I actually have to unplug and plug it back again to get sound again. It had occasionally happened intermittently. But I have no isolated it to when sample rates are changed. Would you be able to check why this is the case? Thanks

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #5,234 of 5,840
Can someone remind me of how to access developer options on the SP2K and completely remove animation transitions?
I was able to do this on my first SP2K and felt that it made the device seem much more responsive (much like what this does for an Android phone).

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #5,235 of 5,840
Can someone remind me of how to access developer options on the SP2K and completely remove animation transitions?
I was able to do this on my first SP2K and felt that it made the device seem much more responsive (much like what this does for an Android phone).

Thanks!
Hmm thats acually quite a good ideam let me know if you figure out. Im not really anal about sp2k UI performance but improvements always welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back