Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Aug 22, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #5,191 of 5,840
Hi @JasonNYC ,
I saw that AK fixed the issue of embedded Tidal app for SP2000 but there are still problems with the iOS app AK Connect 2. Before the issue with the embedded Tidal, I can play Tidal from the iPhone and listen the music from the SP2K, since the issue I cant do it anymore, even after AK fixed the embedded app.

Do you have any news about this?
There have been a number of posts about the AK Connect app on social media and on some of the AK threads here on Head-Fi. I apologize if I missed posting here in the SP2000 thread.

The AK Connect Android app will be updated this month and the updated iOS AK Connect app will be available in the Apple App Store by late September.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 24, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #5,192 of 5,840
I am having difficulties getting my SP2000 to join my home wifi network. it can detect the wifi network and it can join but the msg I keep seeing on the screen is "obtaining IP address". I have tried forgetting the network, rebooting the player, rebooting the router itself but the issue persists. I don't seem to be having any issues with the other devices in my home which connect via wifi.

i never used to have this issue with the SP2000 before. it just got back from South Korea getting its battery replaced. strangely I was able to connect briefly just to have the firmware update to the latest version and then I couldn't get it to reconnect to the wifi again.

not sure what I am doing wrong here...

Aug 25, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #5,193 of 5,840
I am having difficulties getting my SP2000 to join my home wifi network. it can detect the wifi network and it can join but the msg I keep seeing on the screen is "obtaining IP address". I have tried forgetting the network, rebooting the player, rebooting the router itself but the issue persists. I don't seem to be having any issues with the other devices in my home which connect via wifi.

i never used to have this issue with the SP2000 before. it just got back from South Korea getting its battery replaced. strangely I was able to connect briefly just to have the firmware update to the latest version and then I couldn't get it to reconnect to the wifi again.

not sure what I am doing wrong here...
Before you join the wifi network, you can tick on show advanced settings. Under IP settings, you can try to set Static and assign a fixed IP to your player instead of using DHCP to get a random IP address. See if that can resolve your connection to the network.

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #5,194 of 5,840
Before you join the wifi network, you can tick on show advanced settings. Under IP settings, you can try to set Static and assign a fixed IP to your player instead of using DHCP to get a random IP address. See if that can resolve your connection to the network.
thanks for the suggestion. all of my home wifi devices are assigned IP addresses automatically via DHCP and when I first bought the SP2000 earlier this year, it had no issues joining my home wifi network.

anyways, what I did was to reset the player back to factory settings and this seemed to work. I still had the player dropping in and out of my home wifi and then it seemed to stabilise. I was then able to put it in Roon mode and let the music play for about 5hrs. there was no dropout during this period. the battery went from 100% to 15% within 5hrs. is this consistent with the rest of the folks here who use their SP2000 for Roon playback mostly?

the player is currently charging and I intend to continue testing. I hope it maintains the wifi connection.

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #5,195 of 5,840
hello i need help.. i hooked up my sp2000 to my chord hugo 2 thru USB.. when playing files stored on internal memory, the music is just fine.. but when playing music on sd card, all of them are distorted, & unlistenable. i already erased all files and copied them back to card. what to do? thanks

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,196 of 5,840
@JasonNYC do you know of any reasons as to why my SP2000 disconnects from my home wifi network whenever it goes into standby mode or when it powers off? when I attempt to reconnect, I just get the "obtaining IP address" message

Aug 30, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5,197 of 5,840
After more than 7 weeks away to resuscitate the SP2KCu, it is back. Turns out what it needed was just a new battery. Let’s see how things go. Well, there is indeed a great synergy with the Oriolus Traillii. :)

E44DE21A-17E9-4F47-B661-8A3A81CCADD5.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #5,198 of 5,840
After more than 7 weeks away to resuscitate the SP2KCu, it is back. Turns out what it needed was just a new battery. Let’s see how things go. Well, there is indeed a great synergy with the Oriolus Traillii. :)

E44DE21A-17E9-4F47-B661-8A3A81CCADD5.jpeg
What envy, mine left due to battery problems in January. He came back in April. It worked only two days, it broke again. Since April I have been waiting for it without answers, they tell me that September should arrive, it has been delayed 5 months for a simple battery change.
I feel that this brand gives such bad After Sales attention in my country, that as soon as it reaches me, I will sell it and buy the Cayin N8ii. Imagine that the SE180 and PEEM 51 are not even published. A shame!
With the charger I used with the SP2000 I used it with: Kann ALpha, Se700, Sp1000. I no longer buy Astell

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #5,200 of 5,840
Hmm these warranty turnaround times are frightening especially after having my N6ii Ti go faulty on me. Would your dealer not swap it for you? It had to go back to AK for service?
At the moment I was hoping they would change it for a new sp200 hahaha. But to Chile they do not send the batteries for the change, so if or if they had to send it to Korea. but my friend! It does not arrive even in 5 months, FIVE MONTHS !!! Just kidding, as Astell Korea mentions, they never ship it. It had to be sent through the authorized dealer so that the current legal guarantee could run.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #5,201 of 5,840
Hmm these warranty turnaround times are frightening especially after having my N6ii Ti go faulty on me. Would your dealer not swap it for you? It had to go back to AK for service?
I'm afraid it's a bit of blackhole once it gets to AK Korea. No updates. My AD had to ruthlessly chase.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #5,203 of 5,840
Well this may scratch the SP2000T off my list. 😂

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback on the warranty stuff.
Actually it is pretty common for these guys, once you are unlucky enough to have a defect. Especially AK, it goes like if your unit is going to be replaced or asked to be, it needs approval from AK as well, otherwise the dealer will tank the losses. It could be me and my isolated incident, but anyways....the fastest I have encountered with was only Ibasso, superb respond, and quick services, replacement units are always available if they have the stock (Even if is is the dealer).

Dont Be surprise that even Sony warranty is pretty much .....stinky lol! Only those in other countries which has a Sony service shop...not in the us

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #5,204 of 5,840
Actually it is pretty common for these guys, once you are unlucky enough to have a defect. Especially AK, it goes like if your unit is going to be replaced or asked to be, it needs approval from AK as well, otherwise the dealer will tank the losses. It could be me and my isolated incident, but anyways....the fastest I have encountered with was only Ibasso, superb respond, and quick services, replacement units are always available if they have the stock (Even if is is the dealer).

Dont Be surprise that even Sony warranty is pretty much .....stinky lol! Only those in other countries which has a Sony service shop...not in the us

The one time I had to deal with an ibasso warranty it was like a one week turnaround and jamato handled it for me here in the states. Very impressive.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #5,205 of 5,840
I know they used to do repairs in California. During the pandemic the bulk of that office closed down and you could ship your item to California and then it was shipped overseas for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back