Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #571 of 721
8h was measured by a stopwatch from 100% to shutdown. On the latest firmware. I used Qobuz versions higher than 7.13, now 7.14.1. Wifi choose 2.4Mhz. AB+Nos
Share if what was balanced or 3.5mm? Volume level? And will do the same test.

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #572 of 721
Share if what was balanced or 3.5mm? Volume level? And will do the same test.
4.4 balanced vol 73-90 On older tracks, you have to turn up the volume.

After the update from Astell, the player began to work longer. And also after the Qobuz updates.
I reset the Qobuz cache before testing. There are no saved tracks. Everything was played back via 2.4wifi.
Do not look at the charge, which is not shown correctly in %. It will be consumed very quickly at first, but then it will stabilize and go away more slowly. It took me 8.5 hours. Even if you safely remove 1 hour for a slightly more frequent activation of the player screen, you get 7.5 hours. It's still a good result.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #573 of 721
When transitioning between NOS or OS modes, or shifting between Class A/AB modes without playing music, a noticeable sound is present. Moreover, occasional sounds occur when opening music files, and there is an intermittent popping sound. Strikingly, if mode switches take place during music playback, the aforementioned issues do not manifest. Is this indicative of a hardware malfunction or a software-related problem?

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #574 of 721
When transitioning between NOS or OS modes, or shifting between Class A/AB modes without playing music, a noticeable sound is present. Moreover, occasional sounds occur when opening music files, and there is an intermittent popping sound. Strikingly, if mode switches take place during music playback, the aforementioned issues do not manifest. Is this indicative of a hardware malfunction or a software-related problem?
Tested right now, only changing from AB to A I've heard the popping sound and just once, after that switched many times and no sound, afterwards when playing the first track after changes heard a small popping sound before the music started, hope it helps!
Probably nothing is wrong with your unit.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #576 of 721
Only one question. Ti or original se300 version? Is Ti worth overpaying? Any suggestions?
It's not even discussed that the titanium version is much better in sound... take it, especially since the difference in cost is not so big. In addition, it has recently been revealed that the titanium version works little faster. Yes :) In the aluminum version, all settings are completely reset, as well as. We compared both devices in real time.

wipe data. this is easy to do. maybe it will be useful to someone.

Instructions: turn off the player. pinch and hold the button of the previous track and without releasing it, press the power button. the "no command" window will appear. release the buttons and quickly and briefly press the power button of the player and turn the volume wheel up at the same time. select the wipe data / factory reset option. turn the volume wheel and confirm by pressing the turn on button of the player briefly. After that, select reboot system now. The entire player will be completely reset.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #579 of 721
So I got the case for the SE300 today. I can feel the side buttons working fine but the power button will not activate through the case. I am using a fingernail and pushing hard. I would not expect they would leave it up to me to cut that out. It seems to be too thick and the power button is a little recessed. Anyone else have this issue?

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #580 of 721
So it seems the button is nearer the front of the case than the indicator engraved on the case. Just took a little while to figure out.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #581 of 721
So I got the case for the SE300 today. I can feel the side buttons working fine but the power button will not activate through the case. I am using a fingernail and pushing hard. I would not expect they would leave it up to me to cut that out. It seems to be too thick and the power button is a little recessed. Anyone else have this issue?
The only way to solve this issue is to act this way)))

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpeg
    IMG_7812.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #584 of 721
Quick question, is there a difference in the quality of the implementation of the single ended and balanced outputs on the SE300? I’ve read that some DAPs and DACs have a better implementation of one over the other sometimes.

And following on from that, can the balanced output of a DAP change the frequency response of an IEM enough for it to be audible compared to the SE output?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #585 of 721
Quick question, is there a difference in the quality of the implementation of the single ended and balanced outputs on the SE300? I’ve read that some DAPs and DACs have a better implementation of one over the other sometimes.

And following on from that, can the balanced output of a DAP change the frequency response of an IEM enough for it to be audible compared to the SE output?
You may get several answers but im sure bal better as squeeze out more power
/////
Please note I received recently a new Iem and started using it with a 20 dollar 4.4 cable that was new

Switch to included 3.5 cable and big sq difference for better out of 3.5, with included cable
Cheap 4.4 cable being returned
Gonna try a better 4.4 cable when received
I would say give it a try on terminals see which one best
IMG_2221.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back