Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Feb 19, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #586 of 732
The SE300 paired with the CFA Supermoon Universal is an excellent listen. I’m using the NOS Class A setting. The synergy of the two is top shelf. AK has really knocked it out of the park with this player. I’ve had the SP3K but my preference is the SE300 for its musicality and its warm analog sound qualit.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #587 of 732
The SE300 paired with the CFA Supermoon Universal is an excellent listen. I’m using the NOS Class A setting. The synergy of the two is top shelf. AK has really knocked it out of the park with this player. I’ve had the SP3K but my preference is the SE300 for its musicality and its warm analog sound qualit.
I totally agree, had the same combo for a month, today I will try the SE300 with the Bonneville will let you know how it compares to the supermoon.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #589 of 732
This is helpful as not sure which to buy
Supermoon or Bonneville
As expected the Bonneville Deluxe Ed. arrived today, just a few hours with them exclusively with the SE300, rolling a few tips (Divinus velvet, Penon Liqueuer, Spinfit W1, Clarion and Azla)... first impressions are very excitting :ksc75smile:, I'll try to explain as I feel it and not with technical pov (for everyone. sake:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

The best way I have to describe it, was that the supermoon did everything right for me, great definition, revealing, clear sub-bass, fast mid bass (very, good separation, maybe vocals (female, could be be more present), I can understand why some people say they are great with classical, they are amazing driving through the complexity of an orchestra... I had big fun with them, recommend without reservations, probably never had a better IEM but I knew it was not a keeper.

Now, the Bonneville, I was expecting a more engaging IEM, richer bass, better vocals... after the unboxing (acessories come on the wrong color :angry:), picked up my SE300 (NOS+A), Qobuz and my audio test playlist and... it was just spectacular, sub-bass, mid bass all is there full, rich with the right speed, and presence, very very present, filling the right space ... the voices are sounding incredible, clear, fuller, scalling on the spot... finally, the highs seem very close to the SM, which were great... all in all, the Bonneville are doing better than just right, much more emotional! This combo is fantastic, don't look no further if within your budget, better said within your reach:thermometer_face:.

You know what people say about first impressions... in this case is passion!

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #590 of 732
As expected the Bonneville Deluxe Ed. arrived today, just a few hours with them exclusively with the SE300, rolling a few tips (Divinus velvet, Penon Liqueuer, Spinfit W1, Clarion and Azla)... first impressions are very excitting :ksc75smile:, I'll try to explain as I feel it and not with technical pov (for everyone. sake:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

The best way I have to describe it, was that the supermoon did everything right for me, great definition, revealing, clear sub-bass, fast mid bass (very, good separation, maybe vocals (female, could be be more present), I can understand why some people say they are great with classical, they are amazing driving through the complexity of an orchestra... I had big fun with them, recommend without reservations, probably never had a better IEM but I knew it was not a keeper.

Now, the Bonneville, I was expecting a more engaging IEM, richer bass, better vocals... after the unboxing (acessories come on the wrong color :angry:), picked up my SE300 (NOS+A), Qobuz and my audio test playlist and... it was just spectacular, sub-bass, mid bass all is there full, rich with the right speed, and presence, very very present, filling the right space ... the voices are sounding incredible, clear, fuller, scalling on the spot... finally, the highs seem very close to the SM, which were great... all in all, the Bonneville are doing better than just right, much more emotional! This combo is fantastic, don't look no further if within your budget, better said within your reach:thermometer_face:.

You know what people say about first impressions... in this case is passion

You know what people say about first impressions... in this case is passion!
Thank for sharing as I couldn’t decide which to buy, The Bonneville seems to be calling my name and will be my first CA iem
One thing also draws me to CA is you can trade iem back for upgrades/ market place
Thx so much sharing, boy now my wallet 💳 😕

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #591 of 732
I'm very disappointed to see that the autonomy announced by A&K, which was a fair 11.5 hours at the outset, has fallen to less than 8 hours... I don't think that's right.

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #592 of 732
I'm very disappointed to see that the autonomy announced by A&K, which was a fair 11.5 hours at the outset, has fallen to less than 8 hours... I don't think that's right.
You are lucky to have 8 hours. My battery drains very very quickly. I have never exceeded 3 hours or even less

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #593 of 732
You are lucky to have 8 hours. My battery drains very very quickly. I have never exceeded 3 hours or even less
It is evident that you have some problems . Mine, always using Wi-Fi and streaming, has always had 8/10 hours of autonomy

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #596 of 732
Plus one as i also am getting 8-10 hrs
Around 7-8h in wifi/ class A mode and around 10h without WiFi / Class AB.

I good firmware update, probably could improve battery management, as long as it doesn’t sacrifice SQ

Feb 22, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #597 of 732
I just inserted an micro SD card of 512G inside my SE300. I noticed that 'scanning media' launches every time I switch on the DAP. Is this normal? could this be the reason why it is draining battery?
Something else strange I noticed: factory reset is grayed out. I cannot click on it. Is that normal?

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #598 of 732
I just inserted an micro SD card of 512G inside my SE300. I noticed that 'scanning media' launches every time I switch on the DAP. Is this normal? could this be the reason why it is draining battery?
Something else strange I noticed: factory reset is grayed out. I cannot click on it. Is that normal?
”scanning media” is normal. Don’t know about the other one.

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #599 of 732
”scanning media” is normal. Don’t know about the other one.
Does it take hours to scan media? I confirm that it drain a lot of battery. Without playing any music, I lost 15% battery in 15min

Users who are viewing this thread

Back