Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #46 of 2,698
250mW isn't exactly, what I would call powerful.

With 8.1 VRMS on the other hand you can power nearly any headphone on the market.
Only if its in balanced. SE has bo power.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #47 of 2,698
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #48 of 2,698
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #50 of 2,698
ak kann is the one that has according to Jude close to 8.1 vrms balanced out, lets see what other daps power is :) 

i can not remember what is the power output of sony 1z in balanced :wink:, maybe it needs an amp hmmm :wink:, oh this means it is now a big stack , so lets debate this fact instead of looks 

to me a single great dac like akm4490 with a powerful amp makes a great dap if implementation is done good. 

I am tired of reading about dual, triple , quad dacs and in the end they add a weak amp and go suffer with a pile of stacking

why not talk about the positive here about Kann, it has a great amp, great storage and great battery life and a good dac honestly I am even surprised they priced it at 999 USD. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #51 of 2,698
looks like april fools to me, even Moon Audio cancelled their webpage for this fugliness. but I will keep watching this thread for the lulz.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #52 of 2,698
  looks like april fools to me, even Moon Audio cancelled their webpage for this fugliness. but I will keep watching this thread for the lulz.

it seems u did not watch Jude video 

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #54 of 2,698
Mm..they could have opted for an amp dock (removable amp) but my guess is they wanted to hit the thousand bucks price point. I've looked at the mechanical buttons again. Ugly as heck. No class at all.:D

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #56 of 2,698
Ha some are already dismissing it merely by looking at the pics...didn't know DAPs are being treated as a jewelry and a show off to some but for me only sound and UI matters. If I don't fancy the look I'll just dressed it up with a nice leather case.

In some way its like some treat their wife as a soulmate, life partner and a good mother to their child...while some just loves a trophy wife. To each his own...after all its your money and you'll have to live with it so all's cool but just don't dismiss it so soon that's all i'm trying to say

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #57 of 2,698

it seems u did not watch Jude video 

Some just read the headlines and move straight to conclusion :astonished:

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #58 of 2,698
Ha some are already dismissing it merely by looking at the pics...didn't know DAPs are being treated as a jewelry and a show off to some but for me only sound and UI matters. If I don't fancy the look I'll just dressed it up with a nice leather case.

In some way its like some treat their wife as a soulmate, life partner and a good mother to their child...while some just loves a trophy wife. To each his own...after all its your money and you'll have to live with it so all's cool but just don't dismiss it so soon that's all i'm trying to say

Mm...because the market is chockful of beautifully-designed DAPs BELOW a thousand bucks......Fiio X7 and iBasso DX 200 (lookers and performers). Ugly-looking DAPs are no longer acceptable as far as I am concerned. Not if A&K is charging a premium for it.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #60 of 2,698
Serious question,
Isn't the look "with a case" what really matters? How many of you use a $1000+ DAP without a case, I love my AK player, it is so beautiful but last time I saw it naked was when I was unboxing it :happy_face1:
I never used a case and I use my gear 15 to 20 hrs outdoors. I walk, jump in buses, ferrys, and trains on a daily and or weekly bases. I usually have ny Mojo, Hugo, P1 , 240 in my pocket. Usually only view the screen at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back