1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Levanter, Apr 4, 2017.
First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last
  1. Shetzu
    I guess it can be done but never tried. One can use any dac using CCk with iphone.

2. animeismylife
    I thought the same, but then I saw a post from someone on the SP1000 thread who said the DAC feature works perfectly with a MAC or PC, but he was having trouble getting it to work with his iPhone. He didn't post any further updates, and since A&K keeps pushing updates to their devices, it would really help if someone here could confirm whether it works or not. I'll get the Kann instead of the Hugo 2 if it works with iOS devices...

3. Shetzu
    Perhaps he did not use the camera kit. I have the iphone 4 and the older CCK. I tried it and like your friend said it does not work. Now following are the reasons:
    1. The Kann requires a lot of power so iphone does not allow the Kann to charge through the CCK.
    2. However, dont give up hope. If you have a Samsung Galaxy it come with a OTG adapter and this allows you to use the Kann as external sound card/DAC.
    3. I think one can use only smaller usb powered Dacs like dragon fly with the iphone.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    animeismylife likes this.
  4. Silvertouran
    I listen to all my music in random mode and was wondering if it's possible to list the songs in play order instead of just alphabetically.

5. animeismylife
    Have you tried using the Kann as a DAC with the galaxy? Can you confirm it works? :)

6. Shetzu
    Works perfectly with my Galaxy Note 8 and the OTG adapter. Following steps to be followed:
    1. Connect OTG adapter to the mobile.
    2. Connect the USB cable to the adapter and other end to Micro USB port of Kann.
    3. Use Line out of Kann to connect the HP or IEMS.
    Here is the picture

[​IMG]

I think it should work with the iphone new models & new CCK. I am not sure. Hope this solves your query. Cheers

7. animeismylife
    It does. Thank you so much for taking the time! ^__^

8. Shetzu
    Welcome. Good luck with your Kann.

9. Shetzu
    There was a similar question earlier but I doubt it is possible. Only solution is you make your own playlist accordingly to your listening requirements.

10. Bartosz
    ok

11. Miniculthero
    Has anyone tested Ultrasone Ed8LE with the brick? If so how does the warm sounding dap work with bright sounding cans..

presumably Kanns amp will not only drive the cans but bend them to its will. Plop!

12. rick81
    Hi I’m asking if exist a cable mini usb- Toslink to use Kann with external car dsp.

13. kertong
    Anyone else's volume wheel "stick" when rotating it with pressure that isn't perfectly perpendicular to the axis of rotation?

14. rick81
    I need to use the micro usb line out, to enter to a toslink in, which cable i need to use?

15. Shetzu
    I dont know how if this cable exists. But I think you can get toslink to 3.5mm. Just google for moon audio and you may find the cable you are looking for there.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last