Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #1,171 of 2,698
Anyone else's volume wheel "stick" when rotating it with pressure that isn't perfectly perpendicular to the axis of rotation?

No issues here at all.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #1,185 of 2,698
So using 3.5mm analog output i can bypass internal amp e volume control? good, now i'd want know what quality analog output has. Thanks again to everybody!!!

When you say "quality analog output has" are you looking for numbers like 32/384? Those numbers refer to the bit depth and sample rate that was used to create the digital representation of the original analog audio signal. Once the DAC converts the digital signal back to an analog signal they have no meaning in describing the analog audio signal beyond saying it came from a xx/yyy digital signal. The digital path in the KANN is 32bit with no down sampling all the way to the DAC. You can read about the KANN features here: https://us.astellnkern.com/collections/portables/products/kann to see if it helps you understand.

The aux input to most of the car audio systems that I have seen are analog and would work from the KANN line out. Now the down side to this setup is that the KANN would have to be used to select the music to play and only the KANN's display would show what is playing now. Your car dsp, as you refer to it, becomes nothing more that an output amp and volume control for the analog audio out of the KANN. That can be great for the ears, but the user interface in the car is not used beyond volume up, down or mute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back