Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Oct 31, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #1,112 of 2,698
The only other thing you can try is using your mobile phone (assuming you have one) and turning on its wifi hotspot function and connecting your Kann to that. It's easier than it sounds.

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #1,116 of 2,698
The only change with the new update as per A&K on their support site is as follows:
[Improvements]
- AK CD-RIPPER MKII Support
- Improved operational stability

So if anyone comes across any new change please post here.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #1,119 of 2,698
having a recurrent issue with my Kann that is mildly frustrating, as it keeps happening every week or two. It appears that occasionally, files are getting corrupted AND duplicated on both cards. Here's a photo of a folder where this just happened:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-06%20at%2010.42.41%20PM.png

the only solve i've found so far is to completely wipe the card and reload it. fortunately i have everything backed up on a hard drive so it's just a matter of time, but i'd rather not do this every two/three weeks, considering how long this takes.

i format the card to fat32 using the script in this thread, as per many folks' suggestion.

otherwise, anyone have a suggestion/fix for this? @JasonNYC

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #1,120 of 2,698
having a recurrent issue with my Kann that is mildly frustrating, as it keeps happening every week or two. It appears that occasionally, files are getting corrupted AND duplicated on both cards. Here's a photo of a folder where this just happened:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-06%20at%2010.42.41%20PM.png

the only solve i've found so far is to completely wipe the card and reload it. fortunately i have everything backed up on a hard drive so it's just a matter of time, but i'd rather not do this every two/three weeks, considering how long this takes.

i format the card to fat32 using the script in this thread, as per many folks' suggestion.

otherwise, anyone have a suggestion/fix for this? @JasonNYC

Hope your SD cards are genuine. Secondly, do not remove/eject cards while song is playing without using the eject on your display.
I suggest you format the cards on the Kann then shut off the Kann and remove the Sd cards.
Then use script (if using Mac) and format to FAT32 on your computer.
Copy all your songs to the card from your computer (ensure your files are not being copied in duplicates) to the Card.
Insert the card in your Kann and boot the device.
Let the Kann read the library of your cards.
Then try and see if the issue is resolved.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #1,122 of 2,698
yeah, they're genuine sandisks, bought from a major store. i never eject the cards when they're playing. at most, i turn the player off occasionally mid-song, but that shouldn't be an issue.

long story short, i've done all of the above (including formatting in the kann and then running the script), and yet every 2-3 weeks this problem pops up again. happens with both cards.

it's not the end of the world since i have backups, but it would be nice not to have to re-load the cards like clockwork.

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #1,123 of 2,698
yeah, they're genuine sandisks, bought from a major store. i never eject the cards when they're playing. at most, i turn the player off occasionally mid-song, but that shouldn't be an issue.

long story short, i've done all of the above (including formatting in the kann and then running the script), and yet every 2-3 weeks this problem pops up again. happens with both cards.

it's not the end of the world since i have backups, but it would be nice not to have to re-load the cards like clockwork.

Sorry to note that you have this issue. I have not had similar issues yet nor I see anyone else complain on it on this forum. Perhaps A&K @Jason NYC would be able to respond with a solution.

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #1,124 of 2,698
Has someone compared kann to fiio x7ii in terms of SQ? Really appreciate it!

I had the Fiio X5ii earlier. The sound of Kann has excellent timbre and Great Soundstage with a bit of warmth. Fiio had more colouration to the sound in my opinion. Cant comment on X7ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back