Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #91 of 2,698
Onkyo's DP X1 / X1A has two SD card slots plus balanced configuration (2xamp/DAC lines). On the other hand whilst it has three gain settings they are still not the equivalent of an external amp. In my case the advantages of this unit are strong enough esp at the price - half of Kann.

The DPX1, on paper, is a pretty good choice. However, its sound quality isn't exactly stellar, IMO. That's a conversation for another thread, though.

Ha some are already dismissing it merely by looking at the pics...didn't know DAPs are being treated as a jewelry and a show off to some but for me only sound and UI matters. If I don't fancy the look I'll just dressed it up with a nice leather case.

In some way its like some treat their wife as a soulmate, life partner and a good mother to their child...while some just loves a trophy wife. To each his own...after all its your money and you'll have to live with it so all's cool but just don't dismiss it so soon that's all i'm trying to say

Well, I'm not dismissing the KANN at all, but it does look pretty ugly, especially for an Astell & Kern device. If this was a Lotoo DAP, nobody would bat an eyelid. 
wink.gif

Still, its an interesting device, and one that will probably sound good even. I don't think I'd ever buy one, but it's certainly something worth a try.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #94 of 2,698
Latest news from China KANN launch event.
KANN belongs to the new "Performance" line, which is different from the AK70 "Casual" line and “Core”line.

I feel some awful market segmentation coming...
biggrin.gif

But who cares, as long as the actual product sounds good and has nice features.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #96 of 2,698
As I suspected, kann resolved the problem of usb audio + charge at the same time. It has two usb ports.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #97 of 2,698
As I suspected, kann resolved the problem of usb audio + charge at the same time. It has two usb ports.

they nailed it with specs, now all we need to know if it sounds good, if it does then I am certain it will be the most selling ak dap 

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #99 of 2,698
278 gr, Lotoo Paw Gold is 280 gr,so on the heavy side, however does it offer streaming,Tidal?
FOTA is there which i like.
LPG sounds boring. Also narrow sound stage.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #100 of 2,698
  they nailed it with specs, now all we need to know if it sounds good, if it does then I am certain it will be the most selling ak dap 

I doubt it'd be its top selling DAP, but Astell & Kern might likely have a winner in the KANN. For those who aren't concerned at all about its looks and weight, it's certainly an enticing choice.

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #101 of 2,698

I doubt it'd be its top selling DAP, but Astell & Kern might likely have a winner in the KANN. For those who aren't concerned at all about its looks and weight, it's certainly an enticing choice.

after u put a gorgeous dap in a case its beauty becomes hidden

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #102 of 2,698
I don't know what the issue is.This looks like a pretty great All-in-one solution to me. It's the only AstellKern Dap that I'm seriously thinking about buying, Well priced, well spec'd and with ample power, you don't need any external amplification or stacking to power your headphones. I like the look as well, I've seen MUCH worse (LPG/QPR1). Plus I love the fact that it has physical buttons as well. Specs wise its a home run, memory/battery/power/durability/price/practicality(dual usb). at the $1k price range you'd be hard pressed to find something better. for me, Instead of getting a mojo and then stacking it with a flimsy DAP this is a far better option.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #104 of 2,698
all this talk about looks, never did i read a thread that slams a dap just because of its looks

good luck with next ak flagship that will be over 4000 usd at least you are paying 3000 usd more just for looks

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #105 of 2,698
I guarantee you...if this sounds good then most of the "issues" will not be spoken much but then again as with anything in life it's about compromise. 

I also wished for a smart, rich and super hot girl who will cook, pleasure and treat me like her prince every single day but then I woke up from my slumber 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back