Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
May 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #556 of 2,698
No offline mode.

What's the point of providing tidal in a portable DAP without offline. In this day and age streaming with offline is a mandatory feature.

May 22, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #557 of 2,698
What's the point of providing tidal in a portable DAP without offline. In this day and age streaming with offline is a mandatory feature.

Some posts did mention of some agreement in place that stopped them from implementing offline mode. If it is a must for you, just move on and look for another DAP. :)

May 22, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #558 of 2,698
Same with AK380. No offline mode but I am happy to have access to tidal whenever there is wifi available. Better than nothing... and sounds great. Sony WM1A/Z don't even have wifi!! You are right, in this day and age?!

May 23, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #559 of 2,698
TGKANN.jpg

May 23, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #560 of 2,698
I find the shark liquid nano screen applicator to be fantastic. It's a nano liquid which is supposedly harder than the glass or plastic once dry. Also much more fingerprint resistant. Use it on my phone as well. On amazon

May 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #562 of 2,698
Went to the website and feels like a complicated International order. How long do you think it will be until this case is offered through Amazon?

I placed my order the night of the 18th for a total cost of $121.06 (case plus shipping) and the US Post Office delivered it yesterday (22nd) afternoon. Not at all complicated and fast. I doubt if it will show up on Amazon. Not many Dignis cases for AK do in the US.

Nice leather case but the bottom cutout piece sticks on the Kann to cover everything but the USB c port. I won't use it or the hand strap.

May 24, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #563 of 2,698
Hi - my Kann does not switch the player off when the sleep timer expires. The screen turns off and the music stops but that's all. Set it for 30 mins last night and this morning the battery was down from 100% to 40% and the last played track was flashing on pause

Anyone else had this experience?

May 24, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #564 of 2,698
Hi - my Kann does not switch the player off when the sleep timer expires. The screen turns off and the music stops but that's all. Set it for 30 mins last night and this morning the battery was down from 100% to 40% and the last played track was flashing on pause

Anyone else had this experience?
I had the same problem. When i listen to music from the memory, the sleep timer works fine. But if Tidal is running, it doesnt. So i guess this is a temporary os bug.

May 24, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #565 of 2,698
I do have a problem with the KANN. It does not read or show my Kingston 512GB SD Card. The funny thing is, that if i use it with an Micro-SD Adapter in the MicroSD Slot, it works fine and shows all the files. Does anyone know how to fix this? Being able to use my 512GB SD Card without adapters was the main reason to get the KANN.

May 24, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #566 of 2,698
I do have a problem with the KANN. It does not read or show my Kingston 512GB SD Card. The funny thing is, that if i use it with an Micro-SD Adapter in the MicroSD Slot, it works fine and shows all the files. Does anyone know how to fix this? Being able to use my 512GB SD Card without adapters was the main reason to get the KANN.

Have you tried to format it to fat32? all sd-card nowadays are in exfat out of the box. No, you cannot format it inside KANN. You need to format it using separate software.

May 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #569 of 2,698
But the player reads the card when i use an micro-sd to sd-card adapter and use the micro-sd slot of the KANN. Why would it read the card this way but not through the sd-slot. That really doesnt make any sense and im furious about it.

May 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #570 of 2,698
Yea, the CD card is the weak part of Kann. I have no problem to mount and unmount micro SD card. SD card gives me the error message. I think it's because the player have difficulty to mount 512GB cards. It has no problem to read it, when the card has been mounted.
Also, just an update, I replaced my unit yesterday, because of short circuit in balance mode and it was unable to pause when the headphone wire was unplugged. This new one works just fine.
It has the 1.0 FW. In my opinion, it does sound better. The bass is stronger and deeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back