Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
May 26, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #587 of 2,698
But how do you format the cards inside the Kann when they are not shown?

Oh yea, what I meant was that I kept getting this strange problem where the card is still there, but the songs go missing.
I had a weird experience when I was browsing through the albums, then all the albums started disappearing one by one, right before my eyes, until there was nothing left. I guess there was some kind of background scan & update thing happening. As I mentioned earlier, the problem went away after formatting it on the player.

If the card itself doesn't show up on the settings menu then I guess there's nothing we can do. I hope they somehow fix this situation with an update.

May 26, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #588 of 2,698
Cards that were previously working fine but are now showing error messages are most likely due to it being improperly ejected from the player. This is a PITA glitch with all the AK players that I've used and resulted in several cards being wiped out.

When this happens, you'll need to reformat and repopulate your card(s) externally.

Try doing a system USB eject/unmount before pulling them out physically.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #589 of 2,698
Other annoying glitch I found is unrecognized mtp connection. It doesn't happen only after USB dac connection. It also happen after every music listening session and I have to restart the player to have mtp connection working

May 27, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #592 of 2,698
Or Miter case.

s-l1600.jpg

May 27, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #593 of 2,698
What kind of operating system does the KANN use?

May 28, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #598 of 2,698
Early Kann owner, few thoughts from newbie
Amazing battery life, still on second recharge, still 30 percent after many hours of playing, rarely charge this dap, amazing battery life, letting deplete this dap.

Soundstage amazing, so good using cheap amazing kz-ate earbuds wow, can't wait get higher end iem, once figure out which ones to get yes must be balanced cable capable.

No issues, glad got Astro Silver as wanted blue but definitely need case so color non issue.I never held ak 300 series and kann ugly compared 2 300 series but this thing rocks features and soundstage.

Portability yes but only time take her out is when traveling extended stays
The design of kann nice, feels good in hand surprise how small it is in my opinion,
Great dap

May 29, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #599 of 2,698
Not sure this is worth it. I own a Onkyo DP-X1 with chord mojo as well as a cayin analog amp. I was trying to reduce foot print when connecting to AUDEZE LCD-2 in balanced mode. It just doesn't seem to selerate sound very well, perhaps it needs to burn in. It does get louder as a single DAP but the loss in fidelity negates that. I have been trying it all weekend, but so far i can't justify it. Can someone advise me?

May 29, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #600 of 2,698
Not sure this is worth it. I own a Onkyo DP-X1 with chord mojo as well as a cayin analog amp. I was trying to reduce foot print when connecting to AUDEZE LCD-2 in balanced mode. It just doesn't seem to selerate sound very well, perhaps it needs to burn in. It does get louder as a single DAP but the loss in fidelity negates that. I have been trying it all weekend, but so far i can't justify it. Can someone advise me?

Do you prefer the sound of the DP-X1 or Mojo to that of the Kann?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back