Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
May 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #526 of 2,698
Thanks for confirming.

It's weird esp with the pausing. I clearly remember the player doing it yesterday when I was testing it around and comparing to my DP-X1. But today it seems not. I hope it's a software bug and nothing more that gets fixed in next update.

Thanks!
Mine pauses for both SE and balanced ports once I removed my earphones. Currently on 1.03.
I think there were similar such reported problems also on the AK380 a while back.

May 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #527 of 2,698
Several players I own pause upon removal of the headphone plug. Off the top of my head, I can;t remember which ones, but it is intentional.

May 20, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #528 of 2,698
I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with 512gb cards. My Kingston card is simply not seen by the Kann after formatting fat32 - whereas my Kingston 256gb sd card is absolutely fine. A&K have confirmed that 512gb in general should be OK - so I wonder what works for sure? Thanks!

May 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #529 of 2,698
I've been using a SDXC and a micro card at the same time, both Sandisk. The micro is formatted fatex32 and the other is formatted fat. With this combination, the Kann does not read the cards. I removed the SDXC and the Kann reads the micro. I then reformatted the SDXC using fatex32 and the Kann reads both cards now.

With my Kann, the balance light illuminates only when I plug in a balanced cable. I always power off the Kann when switching headphones.

May 20, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #530 of 2,698
I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with 512gb cards. My Kingston card is simply not seen by the Kann after formatting fat32 - whereas my Kingston 256gb sd card is absolutely fine. A&K have confirmed that 512gb in general should be OK - so I wonder what works for sure? Thanks!

I used to have two 512GB cards, one PNY and the other Kingston. PNY works perfectly but Kingston will freak my KANN. It will shut down the KANN reading contents from it. I then returned Kingston.

May 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #531 of 2,698
Hey guys few questions/ newbie
I love my Kann, but wondering about sq , compared to 380 or 320 duel dacs.
The kann is my first dap and love it but wondering sq opinions from 320 or 380 owners.
I know sq subjective but any owners of both?
It appears Kann sq is excellent tunned excellent and ak did awesome job.
Thoughts thx you

May 20, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #532 of 2,698
Hi. Did you find some differences when listen KANN + Utopia with UTOPIA + Another DAC/Amplifier. Is very important for me to decide to buy KANN.
Sorry for delay.
We all differ but I prefer the Utopia with the Kann than my Laylas.
Prefer it to AK380 even with amp.
Opus 2 very similar but Kann better all rounder.
I really like this Kann.

May 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #533 of 2,698

Sandisk work fine with 512gb. Also 256 micro SD worked fine once I formatted in Kann.
I also load music externally though as it's so much quicker.

May 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #534 of 2,698
Hey guys few questions/ newbie
I love my Kann, but wondering about sq , compared to 380 or 320 duel dacs.
The kann is my first dap and love it but wondering sq opinions from 320 or 380 owners.
I know sq subjective but any owners of both?
It appears Kann sq is excellent tunned excellent and ak did awesome job.
Thoughts thx you
The Kann surprised me in that I prefer it to AK320 and indeed AK380 in terms of sq. I feel it has more power than either of the other two. I preferred my Opus 2 over the 320 and 380 but prefer Kann over Opus.

May 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #535 of 2,698
Several players I own pause upon removal of the headphone plug. Off the top of my head, I can;t remember which ones, but it is intentional.

One of my hard core audiophile friends told me to always power off the hardware before replacing headphones. It's possible to create a short and damage the amp when switching headphones with the power on. Since then, I've always been in the habit of this practice. Does anyone know if this is actually true or am I being overly cautious?

May 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #536 of 2,698
One of my hard core audiophile friends told me to always power off the hardware before replacing headphones. It's possible to create a short and damage the amp when switching headphones with the power on. Since then, I've always been in the habit of this practice. Does anyone know if this is actually true or am I being overly cautious?
I have never had it be a problem but from reading the connection to the amp has a relay so there is no connection to the amp until you hit play, when you remove headphones. That is the same as the DX200 and a few other daps I own.

May 20, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #537 of 2,698
Mine pauses for both SE and balanced ports once I removed my earphones. Currently on 1.03.
I think there were similar such reported problems also on the AK380 a while back.

I guess mine is faulty then :frowning2:.

No matter what I do I just can't make it pause when I remove HO be SE or Balanced! My firmware says its 1.03CM - not sure what CM means here. I might end up exchanging for a different unit and see how it is.

May 21, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #538 of 2,698
Anyone vs the ak300? What about optical out? The 300 series do optical via the headphone output. I want to connect it via optical to phantom devialet

May 21, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #539 of 2,698
Anyone any idea where I can purchase a tempered glass screen protector for my KANN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back