Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #751 of 2,200
mightyKyn mentioned Roon. Will KC ever be a Roon endpoint? Apologies in advance if my question doesn't make any sense. I've never tried Roon. I just heard there are a lot of dacs that are certified to be Roon capable and it is a service that (at least in part) introduces you to new music. I would love something like this. And would love it even more if the KC were my Roon endpoint.

Thanks for any comments!

https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/ne...atures-to-high-resolution-portable-audio-line

Announced last October, but unfortunately still not ready yet...

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #752 of 2,200
mightyKyn mentioned Roon. Will KC ever be a Roon endpoint? Apologies in advance if my question doesn't make any sense. I've never tried Roon. I just heard there are a lot of dacs that are certified to be Roon capable and it is a service that (at least in part) introduces you to new music. I would love something like this. And would love it even more if the KC were my Roon endpoint.

Thanks for any comments!
AK working on it... Roon is awesome.

Roon + Tidal & Qobuz = Music nirvana.

Cast to your big screen and see lyrics and art while listening on hifi or phones.

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #753 of 2,200
The thing is, Amazing music will always be amazing, favorites will always be favorites ( EllaFitzgerald will always be Ella, Sarah Vaughn( my favorite jazz singer) will always be Sarah,Frank Sinatra,Mel Torme,Louis Armstrong,Chet Baker etc. John Williams will always be John Williams, Moricone,John Barry,Henry Mancini Etc, Bach,Mozart,Schubert,Schumann,Mahler,Verdi,Puccini,Wagner,Straus etc Queen,Radiohead,Dire Straits,Pink Floyd,ABBA,U2,Coldplay.Michael Jackson,George Michael, etc. just to name a few.. and you Tell me we should not listen to them ?
Yes this is what I am saying.

Forget them.

I guarantee that if you stopped listening to this music and only focused on the new..... you would have incredibly surprising experiences and find new joy.

I have made this a priority for myself and it is stunning the sheer volume of incredible new music that exists VS reminiscing the past.

Music evolves with culture and man. Man evolves with music.

The universe is constructed with and held together with sound... music of the spheres, shabd... it is a super infra sound... and incredible... I heard it once meditating in santa monica mountains on the night of the vernal equinox several years ago.... this night I obtained enlightenment.

All music comes from this... I have heard music in deep meditation that has not been heard by man... music so joyous and filled with love and compassion it melts you.

so my friends... music is part of the evolutionary journey... let go of what you heard and seek what you have not. see where it takes you NOT where you have been.

this is the message.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #754 of 2,200
I don't consi

Forget them.

I guarantee that if you stopped listening to this music and only focused on the new..... you would have incredibly surprising experiences and find new joy.

I have made this a priority for myself and it is stunning the sheer volume of incredible new music that exists VS reminiscing the past.

The universe is constructed with and held together with sound... music of the spheres, shabd... it is a super infra sound... and incredible... I heard it once meditating in santa monica mountains on the night of the vernal equinox several years ago.... this night I obtained enlightenment.

All music comes from this... I have heard music in deep meditation that has not been heard by man... music so joyous and filled with love and compassion it melts you.

so my friends... music is part of the evolutionary journey... let go of what you heard and seek what you have not. see where it takes you NOT where you have been.

this is the message.
I don't consider it an either/or decision because in both cases you can close yourself off to great art. But I admire you for delivering this particular message in this particular environment.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #755 of 2,200

Forget them.

this is the message.

try these on for size via the Cube:

Jan Blomqvist : The Space Inbetween & Maby Not

Nils Frahm: Familiar (there is subtle breathing in this piece that is both unnerving and somehow allows you to sense the fragility of life)

David Wolves: Rapture

Chicane: Fear I must let you go

Ryan Davis: Alow

Banks: Til Now (this has some chanting I could swear I heard in an indigenous amazonian shamanic ceremony)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #756 of 2,200
I am always buying NEW music.I put my Cube on shuffle and away I go.I don't think some of you are aware of what I am doing or are misinterpreting it.I buy new tunes on real cds.Discovering new types of music is what I like to do.The cds I have cover all types of music from the artists not downloaded mp3s.I was listening to Synergy when it was released and now I have rediscovered EDM/dance/disco/rave/electronic.I already have the 50s covered and the 60s so it's now the dance electronic tunes.I like every genre though.A really stupid comment was posted about my collection which tells me that person hasn't got a clue.I have been saving and storing my lifetime of buying cds so they are all in excellent shape.I had to stop buying for about a decade because of life style choices but I always listened to what I had.When I buy a new cd it gets ripped into my computer and then stored.Oh and of course it gets copied onto the Cube.All my tunes are my favourites,that's why I buy them.No need to make lists.If I don't like a particular track I skip to the next one which is very easy.I like to k.i.s.s.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #758 of 2,200
Aug 9, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #759 of 2,200
Aug 9, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #762 of 2,200
This is price gauging at its worst: A&K increased the price of XLR adapter to $249 from $199, before they even released the product. I considered it very expensive at $199 but wanted to buy to have a complete supported package, Not anymore. I do not regret buying KC but A&K does get a penny more.
https://us.astellnkern.com/collections/accessories/products/pee41
Unfortunately our long time cable partner manufacturers this particular cable for us in China and due to the US-China trade war and 25+% tariffs being placed on shipment of these goods to us in the US, we were forced to increase the price for US customers. We are in the process of working with a few US cable manufacturers to produce cables for us here and hope to have some alternatives for sale soon here in the US.

All of our players and other accessories are produced in Korea, which are not subject to increased costs due to tariffs.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #763 of 2,200
Question: I have a very nice but unbalanced hi-fi system, what is the best quality output to use on Cube to get audio in to my system? My input options are RCA or optical Toslink. Right now am using the Cube 3.5 audio out direct to rca input. The manual says the 3.5 is also optical but am not sure about converting to toslink. Also wondering is a custom mini xlr balanced to rca unbalanced would be the best wired solution. FWIW I'm having fairly good results with this little bluewave aptxhd receiver going into my hifi.
20190809_122132.jpg

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #764 of 2,200
yep, blame it on your damm president or move to Europe.
Or maybe there is an option C....because I don't place blame on one man and I sure am not moving. Even though A&K is not Chinese... Geesh

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #765 of 2,200
Though of course it's funny. We in Russia are just going to sell them, and someone is already selling them from hands.:joy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back