Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #738 of 3,321
Got the navy leather case today.  Looks nice!  Don't mind me posting more pics =P

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #739 of 3,321
Hi, i have a quick question regarding the device. How does it sound compare to X5 ii and X3 ii? Im planning to upgrade from sony A15. Will it be significant upgrade to devices (JR, X5ii and X3ii)? Mostly i have 320kbps files.

Thanks!!

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #741 of 3,321
Hi all experts, 

I bought AK JR for about 1 week. But I found sometimes my AK JR screen is nothing shown when I press the power button during I listen the song, not really know it is a bug or not ? Does anyone having the same situation as mine ? I need to hard power-off and power-on again every time when I meet this problem. Anyone could help for this issue? 

Thanks so much :)

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #742 of 3,321
  Hi all experts, 

I bought AK JR for about 1 week. But I found sometimes my AK JR screen is nothing shown when I press the power button during I listen the song, not really know it is a bug or not ? Does anyone having the same situation as mine ? I need to hard power-off and power-on again every time when I meet this problem. Anyone could help for this issue? 

Thanks so much :)

I have that issue. I suspect it's a firmware issue, as all the other hardware works perfectly fine. I am yet to fine the solution though.

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #745 of 3,321
Plus you are listening to some good music and not the usual "Audiophile" sounds.

Who are the usual audiophile artists/bands? Diana Krall and the like?
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #747 of 3,321

Who are the usual audiophile artists/bands? Diana Krall and the like?
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif

Cough*amberrubarth*cough

But honestly, a lot of "audiophile" artists/bands are not that bad sometimes. I just think it's interesting
when people seem to like the quality of the recording over the quality of the music.

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #748 of 3,321
I have both the X3ii and the Jr and I like the sound and form so much in the Jr that I have posted my X3ii for sale...just can't get comfortable with the scroll wheel. I love the sound from the AK. In regards to the UI being sluggish as compared to my 100ii, it is. But I use the Jr as a travel unit and do not need to fiddle with it much. Sound and form win out here for me...my 3 cents.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #749 of 3,321
I have both the X3ii and the Jr and I like the sound and form so much in the Jr that I have posted my X3ii for sale...just can't get comfortable with the scroll wheel. I love the sound from the AK. In regards to the UI being sluggish as compared to my 100ii, it is. But I use the Jr as a travel unit and do not need to fiddle with it much. Sound and form win out here for me...my 3 cents.

Hi, just curious, do you have the AK100ii too?
How do you compare it with the AK Jr?

Thanks in advance

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #750 of 3,321
I think the 100ii is a next level up from the Jr. The UI is more mature and quick. Very similar to what the Jr offers but in better SQ and lightning fast responses. The only thing that I dislike about the 100ii is file transfer. With the Jr, I can see both internal and sd card as drives and it allows easy drag and drop on my Mac. The 100ii requires use of the android app and it is spotty at best. A real pain when moving large amounts of songs. Other than that, the 100ii is my go to DAP when I'm home, just exquisite sounds. I am glad I have both. The Jr sounds a little more warm as compared the 100ii (a difference in the amp and DAC?). I use my 100ii connected to my ALO Conti v3 so the sound is different anyway. That combo is luscious. Since the Jr is slimmer than my iphone 5 and weighs less, just a wonderful unit to carry around on my excursions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back