Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #963 of 3,321
Another vote for MP3 Tag. Was having lots of problem with DX90 previously on the album art not appearing and this solved it.

Have not tried it on my AK Jr files, but my 1,120 files all read perfectly with all the album arts at the right place, thus no need to use the MP3 Tag. My files are mostly are Apple Lossless files that I used with iTunes (PC), and probably 20% FLAC and WAV.

Aug 8, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #964 of 3,321

Quite I've never seen the point in dropping the money for players like the ak's, ibasso's sony's and then strap an amp to it.

Makes sense for those that want to use their DAP with headphones that might be harder to drive, while keeping the portability for use with iems.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #965 of 3,321
I installed MP3 Tag and took a sample album, and replaced the artist and album title with new information and saved it. Then I put back in the correct information and saved it again. This should have cleared out the tags on these files? Then I replaced the files on the Jr and let it auto update.

This did not fix it.

Is there a best way to be sure I clear out the tags with MP3 and re-tag them?

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #966 of 3,321
Can you post a pic of what data/tags you have? Will possibly assist in people being able to help

Are there any odd characters or symbols that you can see anywhere? Something like...l ~ # * or @ may hinder (speaking from ibasso dx50 experience)

Also, how are you doing cover art and what format?

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #967 of 3,321
if anybody has multiple disc albums ripped by dbpoweramp, this may be of use.....

after a slightly longer play with the junior, I noticed when album browsing a lot of my albums weren't showing correctly and the junior seemed to have lumped everything in album 1

I'd click on album one and within there would be all the missing songs from the missing albums - very odd

I started playing with tags and couldn't find anything initially to remove the rogue tags and getting the tunes where they should be

Anyways, the solution....

Add to directory
Edit & select all files
View
Extended Tags

In the box which opened up, removing the tag/label "compilation" did the trick - re-scan of the card and the albums are all sorted correctly

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #968 of 3,321
I have removed the cover art from the files and added it back in, it doesn't make a difference. I do have cover art in all my files though.

Attached is a screenshot of the tags in my sample album. There's nothing weird in there!

Tags.jpg

I've installed MP3 Tag and used it to remove tags and put new tags back in, but that didn't work either.

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #969 of 3,321
I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!  

I took my sample album using dbPowerAmp (which is what I use for conversions), and encoded the files to WAV, then re-encoded the files to FLAC.  

The sample albums tags were read by the AK Jr.  

Maybe those albums were encoded with slightly different Flac settings?  Compression was higher?

Aug 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #975 of 3,321
I return mine because of the lag. I have over 9000 tracks. Sometimes it lag so bad. Is it smooth?

I dont have as many tracks. Maybe around 5000 divided between the internal and an external 64gb card. Yes, its noticeably smother and the irony is as I type that the Jr. just hung. hahahahaha! Anyway, I was one of those who complained about the lag of the previous firmware and I just learned to live with it. Im very happy with this update. Its smother and noticeably faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back