Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #931 of 3,321

Here it is stacked on the Oppo ha 2. Took this pic at the 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet. Not mine but a sexy and cool combo. We pumped that through the Audeze lcd-x. I was astonished. Clear,fast, and neutral. Loved the Jrs interface. No glitches to speak of. Made my Dx 90 feel and look like an outdated rock. this could be my next setup.

This is my combo...great with PM-3 and HE-560, as well as IEM's (Supras, Flares & Rockets).

I am actually evaluating this combination as well but the picture implies an OTG connection between the AK Jr and the HA-2 that does not work for me. I have used it with a 3.5mm analog cable only. How do you have them interconnected?

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #932 of 3,321
I am actually evaluating this combination as well but the picture implies an OTG connection between the AK Jr and the HA-2 that does not work for me. I have used it with a 3.5mm analog cable only. How do you have them interconnected?

Your right the connection in the pic serves no purpose, you do have to use 3.5mm Jack for line out.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #935 of 3,321

BTW, nice avatar. (I took that image.)

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #936 of 3,321

Have to connect with 3.5mm, I did the "build your own mini cable" from BTG Audio...great cables.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #941 of 3,321
Not working for me either. 

Browsers I tried:
Mac OS X
Safari - very slow download speed and seem to have stopped
Chrome - started fast, slowed down, and completely stopped

Windows
Chrome - very slow, didn't wait to see if it would stop or not
Waterfox - relatively fast, but stopped
Internet Explorer - fast, but stopped

Seemed to always stop at around 24MB.

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #942 of 3,321
It downloads fine for me from iRiver's global site:
http://www.iriver.com/support/download_view.asp?SelectPart=dTitleEn&FindWord=&product_name=&model_name=&category=02&dNum=1114&page=1

Downloading from their US site was full of problems.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #943 of 3,321

This may clarify the connection questions. (I took this photo at the recent 05 central Fl meet borrowing both items from different headfiers.) Micro usb port.

When I configure this combination using the Micro USB to Micro USB cable that comes with the HA-2 that appears in the picture, I get no sound from the HA-2. The Jr continues to produce sound from its output. Did you actually hear sound from the setup at the meet?

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #944 of 3,321

When I configure this combination using the Micro USB to Micro USB cable that comes with the HA-2 that appears in the picture, I get no sound from the HA-2. The Jr continues to produce sound from its output. Did you actually hear sound from the setup at the meet?

unless there is some hack or firmware updates that am not aware of, AKs in general doesn't support digital output from the micro-USB port

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #945 of 3,321
We were listening through the Audeze lcd x. Sweetsdream a member from this forum did the hook ups perhaps you should pm him he is a for more experienced in this than I. Im rather new to this hobby and still learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back