Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #35 of 3,321
Well of course he did. Would anyone buy it if he said the opposite?

I was watching a review on YT and the UI looks a tad bit sluggish now, but when the production version comes out, it might be better.

May 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #36 of 3,321
I assume this is now widely available in North America ? My Bangkok dealer has stock, FWIW, albeit at a little more than the US pricing quoted earlier but that's par for the course. At 2k THB (roughly 60USD) over the local sticker on the DX90, I would have thought the iBasso DAP was a more logical competitor than the X5 ? I've been out of the loop for a while - had a ZX1 but really the last time I did comparisons was back in the day when Cowon released a new DAP every month and Fiio had almost nothing except a couple of cheap amps. Clearly, the goalposts have shifted in 2015  :D

May 3, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #37 of 3,321
Here in australia the junior will sell for almost twice the price of the x5 and three times the price of the x3
eek.gif

May 3, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #38 of 3,321
Here in australia the junior will sell for almost twice the price of the x5 and three times the price of the x3 :eek:

i guess they make more obvious competition in terms of form factor and ui. ibasso seem grimly determined to keep that aspect of their current offerings as basic as possible.

May 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #40 of 3,321
Looks like this is already available in Seoul. I was gonna go with the AK100ii but I think I have hear these before deciding...

Btw, what is the purpose of limiting the micro-sd to 64gb? All the promotion stuff online seems to say it supports up to 64gb.

May 6, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #41 of 3,321
  Looks like this is already available in Seoul. I was gonna go with the AK100ii but I think I have hear these before deciding...

Btw, what is the purpose of limiting the micro-sd to 64gb? All the promotion stuff online seems to say it supports up to 64gb.

Yes i saw them for sale on ebay today and was wondering if it was legit or not. I believe someone has said either in this thread or another here on head fi that they put their 128gb sd card in a demo unit and it worked fine.

May 6, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #43 of 3,321
Boxes of them on the shelf at my dealer in Bangkok but I said 'No thanks', Not impressed when he told me the DX90 was 'special order only' and the Fiio X3 was even worse : 'We order 10, they send 4 a month later and they're all gone the day we add them to our stock'. Can it really be this hard with a mass-produced DAP from a large Chinese manufacturer ? We arent talking GO V2 Signature edition here.......   
frown.gif

May 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #44 of 3,321
Looking forward to comparisons and impressions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back